Chapter 9: Underestimation

HELLO! IT IS I! THE GREAT AND POWERFUL DREAMS ARE MEMORIES! Here to say give a shout of to my friend, Aeshah_Ackerman! She has been a huge help in my writing process and even created the beautiful new cover! We decided to collab on a chapter together and this chapter, the fight between Kirai and Mystique, was created! This chapter is written through Mystique's eyes but Aeshah's version is writing through her own oc's mind! I recommend you check out her story, Powers Unlocked! Frankly, she hasn't gotten to writing to the fight between the pair but I know she'll get to it soon. XD I will give you guys an update when she does! I am really excited to read it and I am hoping you guys will enjoy this fight we planned!

@Aeshah_Ackerman

THERE! THE TAG LET ME DO THINGS! GEEZ! Anyways! This fight doesn't have scoring, it will just be a fight till one can't fight anymore. I didn't feel like doing the entire scoring process. XD I will leave you guys to read now! Don't forget to comment and rate this chapter if you enjoy it! UNTIL NEXT TIME! Ciao!

~Dreams Are Memories

~Mystique's POV~

I stare at the young girl in front of me. She has long black hair, is wearing black attire, and has a dagger is gripped in her hand. Black horns stick out of her head as well. Her fiery red eyes catching my attention. They almost seem to be blazing themselves. Something about the girl seems off though... My gaze hardens as the girl stares back at me, determination filled in her eyes and dare I say hatred existed in her eyes as well. I wonder why Hisoka is so interested in her? She doesn't seem like much but I keep getting this feeling, there is more than I can see. The announcer begins to drone on about our fight but I don't really pay attention to the introduction. The crowd then roars making me start to listen to the announcer's words.

"These two have been flying through the tower! Blazing eyes has been effortlessness gotten back to the 200th floor! Yes! You heard me right! The 200th floor! It appears from her last appearance, she has gotten much stronger! But! Will she be a match for the infamous Black Skull?! The Black Skull has been going up the tower but at a slower pace! The thing is, it's his own choice! He moves up ten floors each time he wins and he hasn't lost just yet! Every fight he does in ends up with the opponent eyeless! He mercilessly removes the eyes of his opponents! How do you think this match is gonna end?! Please vote now!" The announcer says excitedly. 

People begin to vote and the results eventually appear on the screen. I won apparently. I can hear a huff of annoyance come from Kirai. I face the girl and go to "speak" only to stop abruptly when I feel my cards acting up. I glance at my pocket confused. The cards begin to moan unpleasantly.

"Quiet!" I hiss at them lowly.

They disobey my order and grow louder. There words jumbled together and sound like they are screaming in anger. The announcer begins to drone on about something else but the words of the cards become more clear.

"Traitorrr!" 

"She's one of usss!"

"Careful masterrr!"

They continue to groan out other phrases but in a foreign language. I look up at the girl in front of me confused.

'Who the hell is this girl?'

I quickly whip out my cards and they grow louder in their incoherent chatter.

"Silence you pathetic beings!" I yell at my cards, pissed.

The immediately shut up but then I realize, everything else has fallen silent too.

'Must have yelled louder than I though...'