Chapter 11: To Care For A Tortured Soul

~Third Person~

Hisoka is sitting in Mystique's room on a comfortable looking chair. He seems to be reading a book about the mythology of the War Between Worlds. Something that you wouldn't think he does often. Or maybe at all...  As for the book, it is clearly Mystique's. I mean, it is the history of the cards she contains. Speaking of Mystique and the cards, Mystique is fast asleep on her bed with her mask still on, and the King Of Spades is floating around the room. Another being resides in the room as well, both chilling and mysterious.

 Another being resides in the room as well, both chilling and mysterious

((I DO NOT OWN THE PICTURE!))

It is more fearsome than the King Of Spades, but looks can be deceiving, and for the King of Spades, that is true. Being powerful doesn't always mean looking the part. The new being is the Ace Of Spades, or the General Of Spades. Surprisingly, Hisoka doesn't seemed disturbed by them.

The Ace Of Spades asks, "Do you think our master will be awake soon?"

His voice sounds eerie but also soft.

"We can only hope, my General," the King Of Spades replies.

The King Of Spades turns his head toward Mystique.

"She really has changed over the years," he remarks softly.

"In both mind and in strength," the Ace of Spades adds.

Hisoka asks out of the blue, "So there are 52 of you?"

The King Of Spades answers, "Yes. There were more of us, but we lost most of our forces in the war." 

"Correct me if I am wrong, but you were fighting against angels?" Hisoka questions.

Both The King and Ace Of Spades nods.

"It was a war of who would control the land of the living," the Ace Of Spade answers.

Hisoka takes his eyes away from the book and looks at the two beings.

"I take it you lost," Hisoka remarks.

"Unfortunately," The King Of Spades replies. "The angels had greater capabilities than we ever could have imagined. They are quite dangerous to us, but have left us alone ever since the end of the war. I believe they shall keep themselves at bay, unless one of us does something drastic."

Hisoka lets out a small laugh.

Hisoka states, smirking, "Angels, demons. Things of legend. I never expected them to be real." 

"Not all legends are lies," the King Of Spades notes.

"Did the war really end though?" Hisoka questions.

A darkness falls upon The King Of Spades. His demeanor one of a King who lost his crown. Truth be told, he did lose everything he once had. The only thing that remains is a broken creature waiting for death.