Chapter 14: How Much Time?

__Chester's POV__

I woke up from my place on the couch and slowly run a hand over my face. I stop when I feel a dimension to my face that is not familiar to me. I quickly get up and go to the nearest mirror. Shock riddles my features as I see a cracks are on the left side of my forehead.

"What in the world?" I ask myself appalled.

I lean toward the mirror to get a closer look.

"I'm... cracking?"

I briskly walk to the King Of Spades who is sleeping on a chair and gently wake him up. He shifts slowly and stretches.

"What seems to be the problem my frie-" He begins but stops abruptly. "Chester? Your face..."

"What's going on?" I ask nervously.

"I... I do not know. I haven't seen something like this before."

"I have." Broker states behind me, not rhyming for once.

He places his hand on my chin and leans toward my face. He was completely serious, and honestly, it scares me.

"I can fix it but I don't know how long it is gonna last. What is happening to you might happen to the rest of us." Broker continues,  his hand gently brushing over the cracks.

"What's causing this?"

Broker's lips form a thin line. "Think."

A silence falls upon the three of us.

"How much time?" The King Of Spades asks gravely.

Broker lets go of my chin and shakes his head, his bells jingle in the process.

"I don't know." He turns his head away from us. "I really don't know."

__Mystique's POV__

"I don't know if it was a good idea to leave Broker alone with the others," I mutter.

The Ace Of Clubs laughs and squeezes my shoulder reassuringly. "Do not worry, Nightingale. They will be fine."

"It's not them I am worried about! It's my room!" Hisoka smirks at that. "The last time I left him alone with the others, the place I was staying at had all the furniture on the ceiling! How the hell does someone do that? I mean, I know he's not human, but still!"

"That was a fun day," The Ace Of Clubs states amused.

"Maybe for you," I hiss. "I had to deal with trying to get everything down."

"I think I prefer when you dress like this instead of wearing the cloak, Mystique." Hisoka comments, his smirk growing wider.

"And why is that?"

"Well, you have various emotions without the cloak."

"I have a feeling there is an and in this," I comment.

"And I can see your beautiful eyes."

"Liar. He has been staring at your butt for the past 20 minutes with a perverted smile." The Ace Of Spades states with a amused smile.

I groan. "This is what I was worried might happen if I wore what I did to the event."

"I thought you were blind." Hisoka raises an eyebrow.

"I am." The Ace Of Clubs answers. "I can practically feel your lust dripping from you. You're lucky I was blocking her from feeling it."

'Can I die in a hole right now? Please?'