Chapter 2: Phase One and Two

__Gon's POV__

I continue to follow Satotz while peering at the person called Mystique. It's a strange name for sure, but I wonder if the person is actually nice? I mean, it is possible.

I glance at Hisoka as he smiles creepily at Mystique.

Maybe not him on the other hand...

I sigh and I go back to talking with Killua.

__Satotz's POV__

I start to pick up the pace. I can hear people panting after a while. More time passes and I hear people collapsing to the floor. I sigh in my head as I hear Mystique chuckle to himself quietly. I know he is right behind me by at least 8 or 10 feet.

This guy never fails to worry me.

I start to move a bit faster just so I can get some distance from Mystique by a foot or so.

Better safe than sorry. Even if he is my friend... Can I even call him that really?

I sigh to myself quietly.

Well he hasn't killed me yet so I will take it that we are friends. Along with the others.'

I reach the stairs and I begin to effortlessly jog up them. More people collapsed as everyone continues. I reach the top of the stairs after a while only to hear two voices on both sides of me yell, "GOAL!"

I blink in surprise as they pass me. They begin to argue about who got their first before turning to me and asking. I tell them they got there at the time and more people exit. Everyone eventually piles in.

"The Numere Wetlands, also known as Swindlers Swamp. We must cross these Wetlands in order to get to Phase Two. This place is home to many bizarre animals, many of them being cunning, insatiable creatures who deceive humans and prey upon them. Be very careful. If you let them fool you... you're dead," I explain.

The metal door closes on someone and they scream, "Wait for me!"

"These wetland creatures will use every trick in the book to fool their prey. An ecosystem that obtains food through deceit... Hence the name Swindlers Swamp," I continue to explain.

Then I hear a voice yell, "Don't let them fool you!"

I groan in my head when I see a very beaten up 'man' come into view.

"D-Don't fall for it...He's lying to you! He's an imposter! He's not the examiner...I'm the real examiner!" The 'man' yells.

I can already hear people questioning me but I know this is a trick. I glare silently at the alleged man.

"Look at this..." The 'man' says again while pulling out a 'dead' creature that has the body of an ape but my head. I scoff internally.

"It's a Man-Faced-Ape, one of the many creatures that dwell in the Numere Wetlands! Man-Faced-Ape love the taste of fresh human flesh. However, they limbs are long and thin, so they're quite weak. That's why they disguise themselves as humans. They trick humans into following them into these wetlands, where they team up with other animals to kill and devour them. He intends to trap every single applicant!" Explains the 'man' while pointing a finger at me.

'This creature is going to cause me problems unless everyone sees through his trick.'

Many people seem to believe him and I keep silently glaring at the man-like-creature. Suddenly, three cards go hurling at the man, entering his chest and killing him, while three cards head toward me and I easily catch them. I notice that another three head towards Mystique and he catches them effortlessly like me. I hear Hisoka laughing.