[Link x Reader] Part two.

"________. __________, wake up. We're here!" Link gently shook you. You sat up and rubbed your eyes, the blue rupee in your hand accompanied by a yellow and green one now. You heaved yourself up and Rusl helped you out of the wagon. Your mouth dropped at the beautiful village in front of you.

"It's so quiet and peaceful. It's gorgeous Rusl, thank-you!" You smiled and hugged him. He hugged you back. "Who was that boy?"

"Oh! Link? He's the boy I was telling you about at Telma's. He lives in treehouse at the edge of the Faron Woods. Now, why don't you go explore and meet the villagers? Uli, Colin, Casie, and I will be in the house if you need us. Be sure to be back by dusk, you'll be staying with us." Rusl patted your shoulder and you smiled at him. He walked to his house and you breathed in the fresh air. 

You walked slowly down the dirt path, taking in your surroundings.

"Wow." You breathed as you admired the scenery. At the east, across the bridge, was a path up to what you assumed was Ordon Ranch where Fado lived. Next to the path was a small house, Mayor Bo's house. Next to that was a bridge across the small creek that led to a mini pumpkin patch and a windmill, Jaggle and Pergie lived there with Malo and Talo. The next building was Sera's shop. Sera lived across the path in a house with her husband Hanch and their daughter Beth. You made your way down the path, wanting to see the treehouse Rusl had told you about. It was a three-story tree house with a window on every floor. Then you saw the gorgeous horse in the small stall-like area next to the house. You slowly approached her, stretching your hand out and petting her nose.

"You're very pretty." You told her and she nuzzled your neck and pulled you towards the woods. You saw the sun was still high in the sky so you followed her to a beautiful spring just outside Ordon. You slipped off your flats, stepping into the cool water. The horse was sipping water from the spring and you scooped some water up and let it run through your fingers. You carefully took off the horse's saddle and placed it on the bank. She seemed happier and more free than she was. You spun and she trotted around the pond after you. You giggled and she suddenly stopped. She turned and galloped out of the gate to the pond.

"Wait!" You sighed and splashed some water with your feet. You made your way to the shore and were about to leave when there was some movement behind you. You turned and saw the horse again, standing in the middle of the pond, her white mane windblown from her short absence. You walked over to her and stroked her muzzle again. You heard movement again and darted behind the horse, invisible to whoever entered the spring.

"There you are Epona, why did you run off?" You heard the voice of the boy again. You peeked around the horse and saw him trying to figure how her saddle was removed.

"Epona, are you hiding someone?" He asked the horse and she whinnied. You heard him walking towards the horse, Epona, and suddenly he stopped. He laughed. Wait. He laughed? There was no more sound. You peeked around Epona and saw nothing but the sparkling blue water. You heard a splash behind and spun to see the boy again. You shrieked and lost your footing, falling into the water.

"Hey, calm down. I'm not going to hurt you." He said softly. He held his hand out and you took it. You smiled and he turned to his horse. When he turned and walked to the other side of her, you took your chance and tackled him into the water of the spring, landing on top of him. He looked terrified of what just happened, but relaxed and laughed when he saw it was you.

"Thank you for saving me." You whispered.

"Hey, it was nothing." He smiled. He was very handsome. He had clear blue eyes and short blonde hair. His ears were long and pointed, one of them with a blue earring. His medium build and well muscled body showed all signs of a swordfighter. He looked to be about 17 or 18 years old. He had changed clothes too. He was wearing a white tank top with a green sleeve stitched over one shoulder and a belt wrapped around under his arm. He also wore white three quarter length pants with a green wrap, a patterned skirt-like thing, and a blue wrap around tied with a length of orange fabric. Hid feet had brown sandals on them, they wrapped around his ankles and had slight amounts of Ordon goat fur decorating it. It was much different than the green clothes he had been wearing in the wagon.

"Still! If you hadn't been there when you were, something bad may have happened..." You trailed off. He sat up and you sat next to him.

"You would have been fine. I won't let anything happen to you." You smiled at him. Suddenly a girl walked into the spring. She had short brown hair and wore a white shirt and brown pants. She glared at you and walked over to Link.

"Linky poo! You were supposed to come spend time with me today!" She pouted. He stood up and aproached her. You stood as well.

"Ilia I'm sorry I-" But he was cut off by her lips kissing him. He embraced the kiss and kissed back. You walked to Epona and stroked her muzzle.

"I hope I can see you again." You whispered and walked away from the spring and back into Ordon.

"_______!" Rusl called.

"Yes Rusl?" You asked as Rusl slowed to a stop in front of you.

"I'm sorry but Uli and I don't have anywhere for you to sleep. Is there anything we can do?"

"Do you have a blanket I can use?"

"Yes! Here. Is that all?"

"Yes. See you tomorrow Rusl." You said and he walked away. You wandered out of the village, past Link's house, and to the Ordon Spring, only to find the gate locked. You sighed and walked back toward the village, but you saw a tunnel in the rocks. After crawling through, you realized it was an alternate entrance to the spring. You sat on the shore and looked at the water reflecting in the sunset. Only an hour ago, Link was here with that girl. He had kissed her in front of you. It didn't hurt you though, not really. You didn't have feelings for him, it had just been rude. You wouldn't develop feelings for him, he had feelings for that other girl.

You lay on a soft bed of moss, covering yourself with the blanket and wondering if you should have gone to another place or just stayed home.