Sleepover - Link x Reader

"I don't want to sleep with you anymore."
"What? Why?"
"Because you have cooties."
"..."
"..."

You don't hesitate to take a running leap towards Link to tackle him onto his bed.

"Really, Link? What so I have cooties and Zelda-"
"It's hot."

Link interrupts you, wrestles you off, and strips his clothes. You don't know if you should laugh or to kick him out of his own house.

"What the hell are you wearing?"

The green boxers look normal from the front, yes. But you're questioning the triforce that's plastered across the whole surface of his butt.

"Get it? Since I'm the hero?"
"Why on your butt?"
"I thought you would like it, so we can-"
"Don't make this way weirder than it has to be."

* * * * *

One snore. Two snores. Three snores... a surprise snort at the end of that one nearly gives you a heart attack. It's only been half an hour and Link's already passed out. How in the world does he fall asleep so fast? You think of earlier:

"Do you snore?"
"No."
"Kick in your sleep?"
"Nope."
"Steal the covers?"
"Never ever."

Your regret toward your decision to spend the night decreases as you realize how much it sucks sharing a bed with Link. Staring at the ceiling isn't going to solve anything. How guilty would you feel about kicking him...?

"Ow! What the hell, ________?!"

Square in the ass.

"Shut up! I bet Ganondorf's snoring isn't as horrible as yours!"

You roll onto your back and pray that sleep comes your way. A giant sigh escapes from you. How does Zelda deal with this?

Link looks at you for a moment, "jeez, what did I do?" written on his face. He ends up shrugging his shoulders and lies down again.

He does everything but stay still.

Link rolls onto his left side, then his right, switches to his back, and even gives his stomach a go. The blankets come on, off, on, off again... You're pretty sure he canfeel your frown in the dark.

"Would you please get comfortable and go the fuck to sleep already?"
"I'm trying."
"You suck at trying."
"Well, excuuuse me-"

Your foot collides with his buttocks. Now there's one bruise on each butt cheek.

* * * * *

It's a miracle- Link hasn't moved within the last 10 minutes. Which is an achievement in your case. You can't tell whether it's because he's tired of being a pain in the ass or afraid of being scolded again. Probably both.

You find a comfy position with you nestled in the cozy blankets. You're falling through clouds, head heavy on the pillow as your body sinks deeper into the mattress, at last peace and serenity-

Creeeak...

Link's weight leaves his spot on the bed, causing the mattress to groan in response. His foot steps make the softest noises as he tiptoes. You know he's trying to be as quiet as possible since you're a light sleeper. But it's not working for you. You're immediately pulled out of your bliss that's not returning anytime soon. "Where is he going...?"

Sissss...

He hops into bed a minute later.

"You good?"
"Yeah, I'm good."

You're pretty sure you're sleeping... until Link stands up again. Every 20 minutes, the same thing. You don't bother trying to fall asleep anymore. He gets up- you grab his arm like a reflex.

"Stop peeing."
"Why?"
"Why? Oh I don't know, maybe because it's 3 a.m.?"
"I gotta go when I gotta go."
"Stop peeing. I think you should go see a doctor about that."

* * * * *

You loose track of the time from your misery. What is it? 4, 5 in the morning? You're doomed when you can see the sun rising...

All the blankets hogged by Link doesn't help the situation. Only one of your feet is covered by a corner of the blanket. The rest is squished underneath Link, who is out cold, snoring away. This is not happening. "If it's so damn cold, why do you decide to sleep in your stupid underwear?"

Giving up, you walk across the room to retrieve another blanket. You don't try being quiet when climbing onto the squeaky mattress, since you're 99% positive Link is the heaviest sleeper in the world. "If you take this one I'm going to kill you... But before you die, I'm going to lock you up in a room with a flock of cuccoos and Navi."

His snoring unexpectedly comes to a halt. The room is actually silent for once. Will you finally have a chance of some shut eye?

"Hey, ________?"

For the love of Nayru.

"Are you awake?"
"Obviously."
"Great, I've been dying to ask you something."
"This better be good."
"Do you think cuccoos have feelings?"
"What?"
"I said, do-"
"I heard you the first time."
"..."
"..."
"________?"
"I dare you to ask me again."
"Do you think-"

That's it. You've had enough. Big, hot, wet tears stream down your face. You can't stop yourself from crying. Is it frustration? Tiredness? Wanting to sleep? Even for just a minute? You are aware that your misery is obvious, so you keep at it.

"Hey hey woah... why are you crying?"

You don't answer but carry on instead.

Link pulls you close, wrapping his arms around you, your head resting against his bare chest, covering you with the blankets. Your crying is long forgotten when he begins stroking your hair. You could've asked for this hours and hours ago. The sun is up but you don't care anymore.

You can't describe the feeling, being so close to him. The skin to skin contact of his strong arms and chest while the blankets make you feel safe. Having your locks gently brushed by his fingers changes your gloomy mood into content. His slow breathing creates a metronome, his chest rising and falling rhythmically, and his heartbeat lulls you right into a slumber.

You're knocked out within 5 minutes.

Link is satisfied seeing your sleeping face. He could easily tell you're sleep deprived with those eyebags of yours. But now he sits in bed with a fast asleep _________ slumped across his chest.

"...Now what."

-the end. ♥