Pay Attention to Me! [One shot]

The day ended much like it began, slow. The weather took a turn for the worse an hour before you closed. The winds picked up and the rain was pouring but, thankfully you had firewood. You sighed and opened the door to find Arturo wearing rain gear holding a set for you. You gave him a grateful thank you, geared up and the pair of you weathered the storm. You could not get to your door fast enough. You opened it and ran over to your fireplace. You took off the gear and quickly made a fire. You invited Arturo in and helped you. With the first flickers you were able to warm yourself.

"I forgot it was storm season. I'm usually prepared. Thanks for coming with me. I know I would be sick now."

"See, it's a good thing I decided to show up! I'll see you tomorrow." He opened the door only to be pushed back into the house from the strong winds. His eyes grew big as he fell into you.

"I'm thinking you should stay here tonight. At least until the storm passes." He sighed tiredly mumbling something in his native language. He took off the gear and as he did you caught a glimpse of his chiseled abs. You blushed and went to making dinner to take your mind off his wonderful physique. Arturo looked around the sweet home. He saw one of Link's swords mounted on the wall and took it down. You chuckled and looked at his excited face. He carefully examined the craftsman's work.

"You like it? That's one of my husband's favorite swords." He began speaking to you in his native tongue and you gave him a look of not understanding. He apologized and blushed.

"Sorry. I was a little excited. I've never seen something so well made. Where did he get it?"

"I don't know actually. I never asked." Arturo put the sword back, stood behind you and looked over your shoulder.

"That looks delicious. I can't wait!" He patted your head and sat at the table looking over your home again.

You made a quaint meal for yourself and male companion. You were grateful for the company as you both ate. At almost every bite he complimented your cooking. You blushed a bit at his strange noises and sayings in his foreign language. After dinner you made tea and talked with Arturo about his hometown by the ocean. His eyes gleamed when he thought about the salty sea. After the incredible time and hours of talking you created Arturo's makeshift bed and you retreated to yours. Your bed was cold and you wanted your beloved to keep you warm but he was away at the castle.
Link looked out the window in the direction of his home. How he wanted to go home and just be with you. Another time his duties caused has caused him to be away from his darling. If only he knew of another male's attention you were receiving....

The next few nights went the same as the first. Arturo brought you home and you cooked him dinner. You started to feel like a wife again when you made dinner for him but you did wish it was truly your Hylian husband.

One night Arturo brought his father after you insisted on it. You did not want the poor old man to be left alone in the home extension of the shop so you made more than enough for dinner. The events after dinner surprised you the most. The older gentleman pulled out a lute and Arturo sang in his native tongue. The songs were so beautiful and melodic. How could two men sound like angels? With their last song you began to feel drowsy and rested your head on the table while you listened. Once the song was over Arturo gently nudged you.

"Hey, we're going home. Get some rest and I'll see you in the morning." You nodded and tried to move from that place only to trip. Arturo is quick to catch you and hold you while you come out of your sleepy stupor.

Little did you know that a certain hero saw you, through the window, in the arms of another man. He felt his heart break into pieces. He made Epona trot into the woods but she tried to turn back to go home. Almost telling him his assumptions were wrong but he was too heartbroken.
Arturo made sure you could stand before he left you for the night. His father did like what he saw and gave a son a sharp scolding. You could hear them speaking in their odd language yards after they left your home. You crawled into your bed and sighed. Being in the arms of a handsome man was nice but you wanted only your husband. Another lonely night passed and in the morning it was business as usual.

You readied for the day and hoped you could get your husband back in this century. Your shop consisted of your usual customers for the exception of Link and Arturo. He did not come for his normal coffee and Link, well, obviously he was not free from his castle duties. You tried not to be disappointed but it turned out to be a lonely day. You closed your shop early and walked home. You saw Epona in the barn and ran inside and found Link sitting at the table. His face did not have his normal joy. He looked devastated. You ran over to touch him but his eyes darkened.

"Don't touch me..." You raised your eyebrows from his strange request. This was not like him at all!

"Link, what's wrong? You're finally home and I can't touch you?"

"I know I was gone for a week but....I thought you truly loved me! The blacksmith!?"

"Link what are you talking about and why are you yelling?"

"I came home last night and I saw you...and him. You were in his arms and he looked so happy to have you I..." You began to snicker at your dramatic husband. He walked over and held your shoulders. You laughed more until you saw the absolute hurt in his eyes. Link was desperately trying to read your features. You pulled him into a hug to speak softly.

"Link, he was a friend that made sure I was safe. He's my friend and nothing more. I would never have an affair, I love you." You could feel the anger and tension leave Link's tired body with your words of truth.

"So, you're not dating the blacksmith? I can come home knowing I will never find him with you?"

"Of course not. I will never be with another man!"

With more words of reassurance Link's face brightened to the happy face you were used to seeing. He pulled you in for a long awaited kiss. The reunion was amazing and so was kiss. He cradled your head to guide the kiss to his wants as he quickly explored your mouth. He left your lips and trailed down to your neck. There he bit down leaving more than a little love bite. You yelped from the contact and moaned his name. He licked the small wound he inflicted and faced you again. He held your face gently and pecked your lips.

"I want everyone to know you are mine and mine alone. I love you. I'm sorry I left you like that. It won't happen again." You smiled at him. How you have missed those wonderful blue eyes and his voice so sweet....after his assumptions about you and Arturo were wrong of course.

"I missed you. Every night was so lonely without you. I just wanted you back home."

"I'm home now. I need to make up this time to you."

He lifted you bridal style and carried you into the bedroom. You knew both of you wanted this as soon as he came home. He lied you down on the bed and began to undress himself. He lifted his shirt over his head and sniffed it. The smell of man and horse was strong with him. He was beyond musky from his riding.

"How about we take a bath together? We haven't done that in a while." He held his hand out for you and you took it.

You talked about random things in the bath. You mentioned Arturo a few times and could visibly see him stiffen. When you talked about his singing he quieted you with a passionate kiss. You were so glad he was home with you again. All thoughts of Arturo left your mind with his kiss and his hands were moving in tune with his lips. It was wonderful to have a husband that pays attention to you again.