Part * Three

MINA cowered against the corner of the dark room, the smell of musk and dust invading her nostrils as she breathed in and out, trying to calm herself as she hugged her legs against her chest.

"Oh Mina! Oh, oh Mina."

Mina looked up to see her friend. Her friend of so many years, so many years. They shared so many moments together, but she had a butcher's knife in one hand, and a kitchen knife in the other.

"Mina, you'll regret what you've done."

Hana said, her voice deep as her hands and head twitched. It didn't look human, it looked unnatural. Her arms continued to twitch as she edged so much closer to Mina, pointing the kitchen knife in her direction.

She shut the door behind her, so they were enveloped in total darkness. Mina was shaking, internally hoping she was dreaming. Her heart was beating at the speed of light as she saw Hana's faint silhouette edge closer to her, second after second.

"Mina.. you will pay."

"F-for what?" Mina stuttered as she swallowed the lump in her throat.

"You will pay for taking Jimin away from me!"

Mina felt her heart quickening in pace, as if it was about to explode in her chest. Mina thought of whatever interactions she had had with Jimin, and, true enough, Hana was never there.

"I-I'm sorry! Let me go, and you can have him!" Mina shouted as she saw the knife centimetres before her.

"He likes you.. Mina. So the only way is to be rid of you, and you'd tell the police on me if I let you go. There's no turning back anymore."

***

"WHERE'S Mina? Didn't she say she'd be coming?" Jungkook asked as he and the boys walked into the café, the smell of freshly brewed coffee already wafting through the air.

"Don't know. Didn't my lil' sis say she'd be here too? They're probably off on a girls' night out somewhere." Hoseok said as Jin ordered his drink, sitting opposite him holding the smoking hot coffee as he placed his bag beside him, on the spare chair.

Hoseok's phone rang as Jungkook took a sip of his iced tea, glancing over at Hoseok's phone and seeing the collar ID as Little Sister.

"It's Hana! Pick up, quick!" Jungkook said as he snatched Hoseok's phone and pressed the green button, Hoseok staring at him as he laughed playfully, Jungkook bringing the phone to his ear.

"Apologies I'm late, Hoseok! It's me, Mina. I'm using Hana's phone. Sadly, I will not be able to be there because my mother is in critical condition at the hospital.. thanks for understanding, oppa!"

"Oh, in that case, alright." Jungkook mumbled as he cut the call and exhaled deeply, Hoseok snatching back his phone as Jungkook thought deeper about what was discussed on the phone.

"What did she say?" Hoseok asked as he turned his phone off and faced Jungkook, who was taking another sip of his iced tea through a black straw. Jungkook repeated everything he heard on the phone, causing Hoseok to scrunch his face up, deep in thought.

"Isn't Mina's eomma dead? Didn't she die of lung cancer like, two years ago?" Namjoon said as he made a gesture with his hands, Jin nodding as Jimin just crossed his arms.

"We have... something on our hands."

***

When the police received Jimin's police report, they sprung into immediate action. On further analysis, Jungkook realised that the female's voice on the other line was nothing like Mina's loud, cheeky voice. It sounded more soft, more gentle, more... different.

Jungkook paced around the room as Jimin looked at him wearily. He was tired, and more so when the other boys were asleep except for him and Jungkook. Suddenly, Jimin's phone rang. The boys opened their eyes and saw that it was the police. Still wrapped in their blankets, the boys huddled around Jimin who sat on the corner of the bed, trying to hear what was going on on the other side of the line.

Sirens, police sirens.

"Yeoboseyeo? Do you have news on Kim Mina?" Jimin said into the phone anxiously as the sirens blared on, Yoongi and Namjoon resting their heads on one of Jimin's shoulders.

"Yes, we do. She was found dead, here. At this abandoned warehouse. Her body was absolutely mutilated, and signs show that it was not an immediate death, meaning the killer tortured her before she eventually bled to death. She was unrecognisable when we found her, and it wasn't a pretty sight. Her eyes were gouged out and placed beside her, and according to the autopsy, it happened when she was still alive. She, well, a lot of pain was inflicted upon her and, the killer left this note. In the form of cuts on her arm. It says; "Jimin will be Mine". Are you by any chance, Jimin?"

"Yes.. I am."

"Do you know who might've done this? Who might've hated her so much that she'd want to kill Mina, let her leave painfully instead of just stabbing her once and done? Also, Mina's limbs are missing, except for one arm. We have yet to find them. Please come down to the police station tomorrow morning at 10am so that we can talk this out in person. Tell the counter you're here for Officer Chan, under Park Jimin. Bring whoever you want."

The line cut, leaving the boys in silence.