Chapter one

One two three hurdle jump and flip. One two three hurdle jump and flip.

The rhythm I feel in gymnastics is almost magical.

I know all the patterns and rhythms there is to know.

All that's left is to make it to the Olympics.

I believe I can get there, and be amazing.

But as if for now I'll learn more rhythms and ill become even better so I can win a gold.

"Don't push yourself to hard"

I hear coach yelling at me from the other side of the gym

There is no such thing as pushing myself to hard.

"Don't worry coach, I got this" Coach Alex trusts me. At least I think she does.

Making to the Olympics means everything to me.

All the sweat and injuries I have put in to this would mean nothing if I didn't make it.

I could maybe even make my parents proud. Ever since they started fighting I'm pretty sure they forgot the had a daughter. An only daughter for that fact. How do you forget your only child?

If I win the Olympics, maybe it could make them notice me.

And then there is yang. Oh how I want to make yang proud of me. I know he loves me. I mean I am his girlfriend he better as hell love me. But if I win. He could say "wow I am proud she is my girlfriend" and that would make me so happy.

Just have to keep working.

The gym clock buzzes and tells me to go the hell home, I didn't realize how late it was, the gym was almost empty. I quickly gathered my things, then I looked out the window and sigh with disappointment... its raining. Running home it is then.

When I enter my house my parents are too busy on their phones to even greet me back so I just take off my soggy shoes and make my way to my room without them even noticing I'm home.

I slump down on my bed and stare at the poster of Gabby Douglas on my wall, all I can think about is being like her.

I know it not good to compare yourself to people, but I just can't help it. I idolize her.

Maybe she would even notice me if I won...

Gahh I'm so dumb. I'm never going to get noticed if I don't practice harder.

Coach says I already practice hard but that's bull shit.

I need to train non-stop if I want to make it to THE OLYMPICS!

I know I can do it, but I cant help but feel this daunting thought of doubt is just growing bigger and bigger in my head.

Training is the key to gymnastics. Most of gymnastics is muscle memory and having to keep up with your body and become more flexible.

But the constant need for practicing so that you don't lose that muscle memory is the most important. 

During the summer I barely get time to be with friends because I'm in the gym but that's just apart of the deal with gymnastics. I've lost so many friends because of gymnastics but I just can imagine the look on their faces when they see me winning a gold medal. They will wish they had been there for me and stayed with me no matter what.

yang has been there for me through so much. he is always there for me and puts up with my insane schedule. I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend. He gives me constant love and care even though I'm always to busy to return it sometimes, I do try my best to show him I love him constantly though. I'm upset that I haven't seen him lately though. He hasn't spoken to me a lot lately, but that probably because he has baseball practice this summer. He does text me goodnight very night and good morning every morning to make up for it though. I hope I get to see him soon, since I haven't seen him in a while I keep getting butterflies in my stomach when I fantasize about seeing him again.

Also of course there is Lilly, she's my best friend. we are as close as close can be. When we first met we both hated each other, but isn't that how all good friendships start? Lilly is my second half and I don't know what I would do without her. We do everything together, she's in gymnastics too. Although she doesn't share the same Olympics dream as I do. We haven't seen her lately, she has been disappearing into thin air after practice lately. I guess it is summer though, what teen isn't busy during summer. As well as her hella strict parents, they must be keeping her on her toes. I'm sure we'll get to see each other soon though.