Chapter five

I've been in this hospital for five months now and they are just now going to start me on physical therapy. They just rush you through everything don't they... I don't think I need physical therapy, I've been training and working out for years I'm strong enough on my own.

The blonde nurse walks into the room. As much as she's been around me I don't really remember her name. I usually zone out when the doctors talk to me. All they talk about is science doctor things that I don't understand.

"So you probably don't remember me, the names Mary. I know that when us nurses and doctors and such get talking all science and stuff, people tend to zone out"

Okay... creepy it's like she read my mind.

"Alright let's get you started"

"Started on what?"

"Why physical therapy of course, what else?"

"But aren't you a nurse? Isn't there like another person that is supposed to do this stuff?"

"Just because I'm a nurse doesn't mean I can't do anything else? Sometimes people are more then they seem"

"Well I don't think in need this whole physical therapy stuff, I've had years of training, I'm strong enough to do things on my own."

"Alright well then get up."

I go to get up, the burns on my leg and my arms. I sit up with my leg hanging off the edge of the bed.

"Good, nice job. Now, catch"

She throws a small red ball at me. I go to open my hands to catch it but my hands are stiff and a burning pain hits me. The ball drops to the floor.

"What's wrong? Want to try again?"

"Umm yeah, that was just a bad throw. I can catch a simple ball easily."

"Alright"

She picks up the read ball and gives me a small head nod as to ask if I'm ready. She lightly tosses the ball in a under hand motion. I go to catch it but the same thing happens.

"Okay so I guess I need a little help" I admit

"You see its never bad to have a little help okay? So let's start with the simple part."

She rolls the tall generic doctor chair.

"Okay so your hands are a little stiff because of all the new tissue that has been repairing your burns, so you need to stretch your hands a little"

She grabs my hand and places it gently on hers.

"Now I want you to try to open your hand"

I attempt to open my hand, but the stretching of my skin hurts so much. I wince at the pain, it hurts so badly.

"It's okay, take it easy" she reassures me

I don't even get my hand half way open and I can't take the pain anymore.

"Alright, that was good"

"Are you kidding me that was not good. I can barely get my hand open"

"And that's okay, you're recovering and that takes time okay?"

"No! I was going to be in the Olympics and I was great!"

"And you will be great again, with time"

"NO my life is over, my friends don't even care to visit me anymore. I don't want to do all this stupid shit! Just go! Leave me alone!" I swing my leg back over on the bed and face away from Mary. I can't even bare to look at here. I just want to curl up and die. I don't want to even deal with this. No one even cares, my parents come check on me but I doubt they even care that my life was in danger. God this is such bullshit and I don't want to do it.

Mary stays I can feel her looking at me.

"Okay..." she says and she quietly stands up and sets the red ball on the table near my bed and leaves.

I can't help but break out in tears. I'm so done with all this. I just want it all to stop. I need everything to stop. I need life to stop.