Wattpad Original
There are 13 more free parts

🖤Ch.1 :Not A Very Happy New Year For Everybody

Chicago, IL

December 31st...

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Baby, come closer

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Baby, come closer"

EBONY

She sat on the couch, rapping along with Drake as she slowly nodded her head to the song. If she knew she was going to be this bored at this New Year's Eve party, she would definitely not have come; not that she had really planned to go out this evening to begin with. But her boyfriend begged her for hours and the only way she could make him shut up was to come to his friend's wack-ass party. 

She knew nobody and didn't feel like making new friends. That'd never been her things. Since she was little, she was so used to people judging her and hating on her for no reason. She was just being herself, and people didn't like it. 

At first, she couldn't understand why, but as she grew up and became the beautiful woman she was today, she finally got it. She wasn't meeting society's beauty standards and it was a problem for some. Sounds dramatic, but people can be very extra and hateful. How can you hate someone just for that though ? That, she will never really understand, not like there was any real logic behind it. 

She looked around, tapping her foot in irritation. Not once did she have fun in this party and it was seriously getting on her nerves to be sitting on this couch, by herself, bored like she'd never been before. And the fact that she had to dress up for nothing was aggravating her more. 

Where was her boyfriend at ? 

She didn't know and she actually didn't care at this point. She simply wanted to go home and enjoy the rest of her vacation as it was planned. She didn't know why he dragged her here if it was to abandon her after ten minutes.

She unlocked her phone, which was at twenty percent, and continued her conversation with Katlego, her best friend since her freshman year in college. Kat was in New York, with her mother, having a much-needed girls' night. Ebony envied her friend tonight. She wished she was doing the same right now, instead of being at this party with people she didn't know and wasn't interested to get to know.

Soon after she sent a new iMessage, her phone was suddenly snatched away. She looked up, frowning and ready to fight whoever chose to mess with her. Tonight wasn't the night. She didn't want to be here, so the least those people could do was to leave her alone.

She prepared to throw her drink, but was quickly stopped by her boyfriend. Once she realized, she let out a groan, holding her hand out towards him. "Give me my phone."

"No. Dance with me." He brought her up on her feet, against her will.

"Don't fucking touch me, Jerome ! You abandoned me all night, so why are you here now ? Go back to your stupid friends ! "

"Why you always trippin', Eb ? I can't spend time with my friends now ? "

She smacked her teeth. "I don't care, do whatever you want, Rome. Give me my phone, so I can go."