Wattpad Original
There are 7 more free parts

🖤Ch.7 :V-Day's Festivities

CHRESANTO

Wiping off the sweat that was falling down his forehead, Chresanto grabbed his bottle of water and drank from it, taking a break from the intense workout session he was having for three hours now. He felt like he was going to have an heart attack anytime soon.

He sat on a bench and stretched out his arms as he watched Elin struggle to get his last miles done on the treadmill. The man's face was entirely red and he was sweating liters. His hands were wet, as well as his hair, and his shirt was stuck on his skin.

Not too far, there was Kofi, who'd been flirting with the same girl for the past twenty-five minutes. He was shirtless, proudly showing off his abs. He found the girl beautiful and her compliments were boosting his confidence.

Chresanto shook his head, already knowing that those two will go nowhere except for a date, maybe, because his best friend wasn't trying to be in any relationship right now. Kofi will surely be the last one out of the three to settle down, but maybe the first to have kids.

As he was about to drink more water, his phone suddenly rang. He dried off his hands before pulling it out; seeing that Ebony was calling, made him smile.

"Good morning ! " he greeted, smiling more.

"Good morning ! How are you ? " she asked, sounding happy.

It'd been almost a month since they had their first date and they didn't have the occasion to hang out since then. They were very busy due to their careers, and each time they had some free time, they made family time a priority or were simply too tired to do anything.

Even though they didn't see each other for the past three weeks or so, they'd been texting and calling one another as much as possible. They hadn't reached the ''FaceTime level'' just yet, but they were going towards it.

"Killing myself at the gym, what about you ? " He wrapped his towel around his neck, then rested his left elbow on his thigh.

"Hm, thanks for the reminder. I meant to get back, but I've been procrastinating. Other than that, I'm fine, getting ready for a meeting with some new clients."

"That's good. Are you working all day ? "

"Yes. What about you ? Everything good with the shop ? "

"Well, kind of a day off for me, but not really since I'm calling a few times throughout the day to make sure that everything is going well and those people are not burning my business down. And I have to create some new designs for this new movie that'll be coming out in like three or four years."

"O-kay ! I see you, Santo ! " she exclaimed, making him chuckle. "Uh..." She cleared her throat. "Tell me, uh, I was wondering if you were busy this Thursday night." He could hear a bit of nervousness in her voice, which he found cute.

He didn't answer right away, making sure that his schedule was free on this day, not wanting to cancel their plans after having already said yes. "Oh, it's Valentine's Day. And I'm not busy."

She let out a sigh of relief, making him chuckle once again. "Cool. Well, I was thinking that maybe we could do something for the occasion."

"Yeah, we definitely can. What did you have in mind ? "

"Uh, I don't know right now, but give me a day and I'll find something. This time, I'll come to pick you up."

"Oh, okay." He was a bit surprised, but was liking it though.

Chresanto was convinced that men deserved to be spoiled and courted too. Everybody likes attention and to feel special, mainly with their significant other. They weren't there yet, but he could already tell that Ebony was a very caring and giving person, which he liked.