Wattpad Original
There are 10 more free parts

🖤Ch.4 :To The Left, To The Left | Pt. 2

EBONY

"You're trippin' for real ! How you gon' believe social media ? This is not serious ! You can't be serious right now, Ebony ! "

"Lower your voice. This is the last time I'm telling you this. Now, get out my apartment before I call the cops on you," she said with a calm tone of voice.

Ebony just broke up with Jerome, and the man wasn't happy about it. He claimed their relationship was too real to break up over some stupid little video on social media, completely ignoring all the explanation she gave him. She felt as if she was talking to a wall; he wasn't listening to her, as usual.

By now, he was truly getting on her nerves and she needed him out of her sight as soon as possible. She wouldn't like to show her crazy side. He wasn't about to get this reaction out of her.

"Are you hearing yourself, Eb ? You're breaking up with me because of Instagram ? What kind of shit is that ? "

She groaned, fighting the urge to hit the guy. She wasn't the type to feel entitled to lay her hands on people. The only time she would allow herself to be physically violent with someone was if the situation called for self-defense or defense of a third person. Other than that, she kept her hands to herself.

"Why ? " she blurted out angrily.

It was just not making sense that he was actually trying to reason with her to not break up. As soon as he got his contract and entered the NFL, he didn't act as if he wanted to be in this relationship. Nobody outside their circle knew about them because he claimed that he wanted to keep his privacy private, but there wasn't a problem for him to be seen being inappropriate with groupies. This wasn't logical to her, or maybe she was simply losing her mind. She needed answers.

"Why what ? " He looked at her with confusion written all over his face.

"Why are you fighting me over this decision ? Why don't you want to break up ? Because last time I checked, you weren't that worried about having a girlfriend. Or maybe you're acting this way because you can't stand to be dumped ? Tell me the truth, Jerome. Be honest with me for once."

He sighed, scratching the back of his neck. She knew that his next words were going to be nothing else but lies. "Because I love you, Eb. I really do. And I don't want to lose you. Let's work this out first. I don't understand why you're jumping directly to breakup, when you didn't even give us a chance--"

"Please, shut up. I gave us a chance. I gave you so many chances. I should have left your ass behind a long time ago. But no, I stayed and tried to work this out, by myself. I tried to communicate with you, so many times, but you were never listening. All you worry about is you, you and more of you. You care about nobody else but you ! And I deserve more than this, Jerome. I actually want to be happy, and for me to reach that goal, I have to move out all type of negativity out of my life."

"I'm negative to your life ? "

"Yes ! I just said it ! Again ! Are you fucking deaf ? "

"No need to curse at me. I thought that what we had was real, but never mind then. I'm free and I can do whatever I want."

"What's new ? "

He shook his head. "You're crazy."

"Crazy ? I'm gonna show--" She interrupted herself, counting to ten in her mind. Once she calmed herself, she began talking again. "I'm not crazy. I'm not tripping. And you're trash. I know about the girl, by the way. I'm not stupid. Well, I was for staying with you for so long, but I finally saw the light."