Chapter 3: Summoning

MY PAW SHOOK with the packet tied to it, nervous about the trade. My clothes flapped against my other leg.

I ran further into the woods, down a familiar invisible path. Tripp is gonna be there, right? I mentally worried for my own safety as I quickly put myself in more danger with each step.

On all fours, my mind could spread out. Could finally think without the human barrier stopping it. Sometimes in this state, I could hear him. He would never say anything in particular. I just felt him in need of me. I could also feel when he was with other girls. Which made me hate that part about hearing him.

The old run down cabin came into view, and before I could be seen by anyone in my Tiger form, I shifted back to the less revealing human form. My fingers fumbled with the clothes, trying to get my clothes on to protect my form from all eyes.

"Well, Ray. You're right on schedule." Said a familiar voice from behind me. I jumped and turned around to find Tripp standing there with his usual smirk. "How's my little Hybrid?"

"Shhhh!" I scolded the second person today. "They'll hear you!" His smirk only got bigger.

"Lets go get some of that moola!" He said excitedly. I just rolled my eyes in response. We walked in silence into the cabin containing our customer awaiting his life threatening drug.

~~~~~~~~~~

I snuk back in through my window, almost blindly but was able to see just barely from my slight cat vision. What startled me was the figure sitting on my bed.

"Where the hell have you been?!" My mother hissed. Her voice rang throughout my room.

"Out." I replied, immediately wanting the conversation to end.

"I sat here waiting for two hours!" She exclaimed, trying to keep herself under control.

"I'm sorry!" I shouted.

"You wouldn't have to be if you didn't stay out so god damn late!"

"How do you think we get the bills paid!" I blurted. She stayed quiet for a moment, staring at me wide eyed.

"What?" She asked, barely above a whisper.

"You heard me." I snapped, before reaching in my pocket, grabbing the wad of cash, and placing it on the nightstand. Her eyes went from me, to the money, and then back to me.

"Please tell me you didn't sell..." She trailed.

"I did." I confirmed her suspicion.

"Raven Julia Forbes! Do you know how dangerous that is?!" She said, her pitch raising.

"Atleast we have a roof to live under!" I shot back.

"We won't when we have to go to the hospital to treat your potential diseases you have just gotten!"

I was taken aback by her statement. "Wait... What?"

"Don't you have any idea how much an STD can cost to treat?" She sternly said.

"Mom!" My eyes widened. "I'm not a prostitute!"

She seemed shocked. Did she not trust me?

"W-what?" She stuttered.

"I sell drugs!"

"Oh." She said, lowering her head to the floor. "Well, there's a message for you on the kitchen counter." She muttered before leaving my room with her chin down.

When I first entered the kitchen, I saw nothing but papers on the counter. But once I had actually started to walk towards the counter, I noticed the official and fancy-looking letter laying atop the mess. My name was scrawled across the front in an italic looking font. Once I opened it, I read it.

Ms. Raven J. Forbes,
You have been brought to the attention of King Harold Styles. With his highest hopes, he wishes to see you at his 245th birthday ball in 4 days on the 2nd of February with your best attire and attitude. He will send a chauffeur upon your reply to this letter. Thank you for your consideration and we hope to see you there.
Truly yours,
King Harold and the Royal Government of Carpathia

Holy shit.