Chapter 6: Meeting

"RAVEN!" YET AGAIN, my mother. "Your ride is here!"

I strapped on the heels King Harry gave me. They were a sharp black with a silver pendant on the outside of the foot. And the heels themselves were maybe four inches.

"Coming!" I replied. Probably not gonna bring a purse. No reason to really.

When I arrived at the front door, I was greeted by another young boy, but this one seemed to be younger. His hair was brown, and it had blond streaks going through the middle. Very pretty blue eyes. Maybe 18?

"Hello Ms. Raven, my name is Niall Horan, and I will be driving you to your destination this evening." He said, obviously Irish or Scottish.

"Hello Niall." I said, smiling sweetly. He turned towards the limo and I saw his furry tail sticking out of his pants, swinging and free. My tail suddenly ached.

I stopped to look back at my mom, smiling even bigger.

"That dress brings out your pack sign. Makes it seem a lot more complex." My mom commented.

"Thanks." I said. We knew this just might be the last time I see her if the King was pleased. He would keep me inside the kingdom at all times.

"Goodbye sweetheart." She choked, trying to keep her voice strong for me.

"Goodbye Momma." I whispered, kissing her cheek. "Love ya."

"Love you too, sweetie." She said.

And then I turned towards the limo.

~#~

I walked around for a while, admiring the beautiful gowns worn by the duchesses, the desert and food trays, the antique China, and the entire aura of the event.

My glass of sweet but sour wine slowly emptied and once it was finished, it filled it again, and again, and again. My head began to feel slightly fuzzy and my entire body vibrated with heat. All this time had gone by yet King Harry did not make one appearance. Where is he?

Everything was cheerful and fun. That is, until Prince Marcel walked in the room, his dark prescence making me feel sick to my stomach.

His hair was gelled to perfection and his dark green eyes darted around the room, seeming to be looking for prey. I hid myself behind a woman with exceptionally large... hair.

My heartbeat quickened slightly, and my head ducked out of sheer habit. His deep voice made me jump.

"Raven. I've been expecting you."

I turned to meet his eyes. And suddenly, nothing mattered anymore.