Chapter 8: My (Almost) Escape

I FURROWED MY eyebrows in confusion from his tone.

"I need to lay down some rules to keep you and you're stupid Hybrid ass unnoticed." He said into my ear.

My immediate reaction was to push him off and run, but this is the King of Carpathia here. He could easily have my head for a simple roll of my eyes. So instead, I drank in every one of his rough words. They would have been attractive if they were not directed to me.

"You will not leave your room unless I tell you otherwise. You will not talk to any other Lords in the Palace unless he or she speaks to you."

With every syllable, his grip got tighter on my neck. His eyes became harder and harder with unexplained anger. My life is on the line right now. My life is not guaranteed to survive if he keeps the pressure. My windpipe is closed, and I have no way to keep breathing. His fingers were pressed stiffly into my neck, bending and stretching the important vessels inside.

I suddenly began my escape plan. There are the French doors behind me. I could easily turn the knob and we'd go tumbling back into the hall. My escape was uncertain though.

I could trip him, which I would never live past if he didn't fall. Then, I could run down the winding corridors until I came to a window. Escape through a window is probably the best chance I have.

My fingers struggled with his hand, trying to distract him from seeing my leg pulling back. My hands made their way between his two arms and then he stopped. His eyes shot wide, realizing what I was doing a second too late.

I kicked my foot out on his knees. He was on the floor and I was running the next moment.

"Fuck." I heard him grunt from behind me. My smile instantly appeared on my face throughout the halls. But it faltered as I heard his pounding steps behind me.

My tears filled my eyes in fear as his steps got closer and closer. His breathing became louder and louder.

I felt a cold ice ball brew inside my head, and then melt to ice cold water which slithered straight to the pit in my stomach. My legs filled with the water, making them begin to ache and tire.

When I thought I was done for, and I turned my last corner ready to give up, his sounds vanished. I stopped and fell to the floor in shock and worry. Where the hell did he go?

My breathing slowed and calmed as time passed. I eventually got up and began to walk quietly in search of the window.

I could hear his heartbeat in the halls every now and then. The only thing I could do was press myself against the wall and shut my eyes tightly like the pussy I am.

At one point, I reached a dead end to a hall and groaned quietly. His heartbeat became loud and his position was very close to mine. And it was getting closer quickly as if he was, pouncing on me?

I flung my foot out as fast as I could and kicked him with as much force as I could muster. His brown curls came forward, and then back as he plummeted to the floor. I gasped at his figure, knocked out cold. My breathing became heavier and faster at the consequences of my actions if I ever got caught.

I bent over him easily since my left foot landed next to his face. His lips were not blue as they would be right now. His face was not red or turning red anywhere.

Only then did it sink in that I did not hit his face. I gasped as a smirk flickered on his lips and his eyes opened.