Stay

(f/f)= favorite flavor. Some gifs may be inaccurate

♬~♬~♬~♬~♬~♬~♬~♬~♬

"So how come you're suddenly inviting me over to your house. I doubt it's to be buddy buddy and become bested friends, am I right?" I pulled my wrist away from his grip.

"Well, that's only half true." He turned to me.

"Huh?" I raised an eyebrow as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Well partially I do wanna become friends with you 'cause not gonna lie but you're a hottie." He smirked making turn red.

"And I'd imagine you have some information on Yuno." He continued.

"Well, yeah... And uh, thanks I guess." I blushed.

"Let's talk it over Ice cream, my treat and then we go to my house to discuss further things." He suggested.

"Sure." I nodded with a shrug.

"Let's go then. I know a great place." He smiled grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the place.

...

"I'll have a vanilla and strawberry," Akise asked the lady who served him with a quick nod.

"What are you gonna get?" He turned to me.

"Uhhhh.... (f/f) and bubblegum," I asked. The lady immediately served me with a swift nod. (A/n: If you don't like bubblegum just do it for the plot!! >//<)

"That's funny..." Akise chuckled as he paid for the sweet treats.

"What's funny?" I asked taking a lick of my treat.

"Your choice of flavors." He stated as we walked out pointing to my blue hair and eyes that nearly resembled the color of the bubblegum.

"Heh! What about you?!" I laughed pointing at his ice cream that did the same. Strawberry= eyes Vanilla= hair.

"You're right!" He chuckled. We continued to walk, talk and eat our ice cream in peace until we finally arrived at a nice yet simple house.

"Nice place." I complimented as he opened the door and walked in.

"Thanks. I'll get you some pajamas so you can get changed and so we can talk. You can wait for me in the living room." He said disappearing into one of the rooms soon he came out with a large t-shirt and a pair of short boxer shorts.

"This is all I have." He handed me the clothing items with an apologetic grin.

"Thanks." I nodded.

"You can change in the bathroom over there and there's an extra toothbrush under the sink if you need one.

"Alright, thanks." I nodded walking into the bathroom. Quickly I did my business, brushed my teeth and changed.

Once I finished I walked out to find Akise sitting on the couch wearing his Pj's

"You can set your clothes here, now sit down we need to talk." He ordered. With a nod, I followed his orders before sitting in front of him.

"So... What do you wanna know?" I set my legs criss-cross.

"Do you know how the orphanage you lived burned down?" He asked.

"How do you know about that?" I frowned.

"Just answer. There's something wrong with your sister and I would rather figure it out before anyone more of us die." He spoke.

"Fine. The police say it was something with the gas pipes but there's no evidence." I gave in.

"What about your friend?" He raised an eyebrow. The question made me tense up.

"What do you mean?" I glared.

"I got my hands on some of the reports and I read that they found you begging to save your friend." He crossed his arms over his chest.

"Shut up!" I exclaimed standing up. I didn't want to remember that day, the worst day of my life.

"Calm down. It could help." He ushered grabbing my shoulders forcing me to sit down with a huff.

"A-A beam from the roof fell on him but before that he pushed me away and on the floor near me I found his necklace which had an earring attached to it, strange enough once when I was in Yuno's room I found one that looked exactly like it but she didn't have the other one..." I trailed off realizing what he was on to.

"Are you implying that Yuno did it." I stared at him wide-eyed.

"Something like that." He smirked.

"What else have you found?" I asked suddenly interested.

"Nothing much that's why I wanted to talk to you." He smirked at my sudden interest.

"But is there anything strange or out of place that you may have seen while with Yuno?" He added. My thoughts ventured into the room I walked into. The thought sent chills down my spine and honestly scared me.

"There's this room... I didn't mean to walk in but it was an accident." I felt my hands begin to tremble. Akise immediately grabbed my hands and rubbed the back of them reassuringly causing me to blush once again.

"There were three dead bodies..." I paused to let out a shaky breath.

"I think one of them were her parents but I didn't really get to see the third one 'cause at that moment I ran out," I explained feeling cold sweat roll down my face. Akise slowly let go of my hands and took out his phone typing in some things.

"What did you do?" I brought my hands up to hug myself.

"I sent Yuki a text to invite him to the movies with me, but instead I'm sending him with Yuno to one of those places where you can experience a wedding. That way we can get her out of the house and investigate." He explained with a small smirk.

"I see," I muttered closing my eyes to rest.

"You tired?" I heard Akise ask.

"Yeah." I breathed out.

"Let's go to sleep then." He suggested suddenly picking me up bridal style.

"Huh?! W-What are you doing?!" I exclaimed with a blush.

"Don't worry I'm just taking you to where we'll be sleeping."

"Wait 'we'!?" I blushed.

"Yeah because I don't have an extra room or bed and the couch is too small for you or me." He set me down on his bed with honestly was pretty big.

"I see..." I stated with a blush as he climbed in.

"Now let's get some shut-eye." He said as he turned off the light. Closing my eyes I drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

...

The next day Akise and I spent the whole day investigating the whole that was in the place of the room. When he suddenly asked me to move in with him. He decided after he saw the shitty living conditions I had with Yuno plus we discovered the bones of the corpses I had previously seen in a giant hole where the room was. Once I finished packing I left a note for Yuno and left with Akise after he had a discussion with Yuki and Yuno who returned from the wedding thing.

"Did you find anything else?" I asked as we walked home.

"I found out that she has cognitive dissonance." He stated.

"And that means?" I looked at him while raising an eyebrow.

"Well, in this case, it means her mind's re-writing her memories to maintain some resemblance of control." He explained 

"That mean's Yuki is a stabilizing influence," I added.

"Yes." He nodded.

"Poor Yuki..." I muttered.

♬~♬~♬~♬~♬~♬~♬~♬~♬