Crush // Bernando Silva

I stood, propped against a wall along the hallway to ensure my feet wouldn't get trampled amidst the heavy foot traffic taking place up and down the stuffy hallway. Occasionally I'd get an odd stare from the opposing teams players as they slipped past me. Most were unfamiliar with me so the confused stares were understandable but that didn't make it any less nerve-wrecking. Every few seconds I found myself sub-consciously smoothing my moist palms over the front of my short, pleated, tennis skirt.

Johnny, my best friend, was leaned lazily against the wall beside me, his eyes droopy but sparkling with an undeniable, silent, amusement as his long fingers repeatedly tucked the same thick tendril of hair behind my warm ear. We were both sporting our light blue Man City jerseys, And while mine hugged my upper body like a second skin, his, much larger one, hung loosely from his broad frame. The one detail that remained the same was the name 'Stones' etched onto the back in bold, white letters in support of my older brother whom we were impatiently waiting for.

Our team lost but Johnny and I hardly cared, we were strung from the alcohol we consumed throughout the entirety of the game and still floating in a blissful bubble of giddiness and enjoyment. After long, hard months spent away at Uni, the pair of us were finally getting a break and some time to enjoy ourselves. 

I wasn't enjoying myself enough to ignore how long John was keeping us waiting on him though. It feels like we've been cramped in this very hallway for over an hour at this point.

If John isn't gonna show himself then I'll just have to find him. With the intention of seeking John out, I grab four of Johnny's fingers, enough for my small hand to latch onto, and push off the wall. I'm quickly stopped in my tracks though as my trainers squeak against the linoleum and my cheek collides with some lady's shoulder, she continues on her path though, and simply throws me a dirty look over he shoulder as if it were my fault and not hers; for speed-walking like a crazy person.

"Mongy slag." Johnny scoffs after her, gripping my hand tighter before leading the way down the hall.

"The cafeteria." I call over the loud chatter. My free hand latching onto his shirt, out of fear of getting rammed in the face again.

We enter a different passage and the body count has lessened noticeably. We're now able to walk more freely so Johnny releases my hand but wraps his arm around me loosely and pulls me into his side.

"Anyone caught your fancy yet?" He mutters teasingly.

I roll my eyes, feigning exasperation, "Johnny leave it alone please."

"Where are you going Stones- Oh who's this?" I spin to put a face to the awfully familiar voice. Bernando Silva.

"Her boyfriend." Johnny smiles charmingly. He brings a large hand down on my waist and shifts me impossibly closer to his warm torso. Not now, Johnny. My sub-conscience scolds aggressively.

Bernando shoots Johnny a strange look before quickly drawing a tight smile onto his face and turning to eye me over, "Your brother didn't tell me you were seeing someone."

"Does he need to inform you about her every move?"

Johnny plops down at one of the tables and, swiftly, pulls me into his lap. Hurriedly I scoot off of him and occupy the seat beside him, my cheeks flaming up due to his touchiness and the fact he's telling Bernando, the guy I have a crush on!, that he's my boyfriend.

"Bro I didn't mean it like that." Bernando frowns, raising his hands in defence.

"Oh my god Bernando he's kidding." I chuckle awkwardly. Discreetly squeezing Johnny's thigh under the table as a way of telling him to zip it, "We're just friends, right Johnny?"

"Of course I was kidding but this guy couldn't be more obvious about his little crush on you." Johnny shakes his head, feigning disappointment, "Did you see that fake smile when I said I was your boyfriend? Path-"

"Johnny, stop it!" I mutter sternly which makes him shut up immediately. 

"Jesus Christ invest in a sense of humour. I'm just pulling his leg." Johnny's shocked expression quickly shifts to a sly look, "Anyways I'm just gonna go see where Mr. Stones could possibly be after so long. Have fun kids."

"But not too much fun." He adds before disappearing behind the cafeteria doors, "Because I won't hesitate to body you Silva,"

"I am so sorry about th-"

"It's okay. I'm actually glad he picked up on my 'little crush' because you clearly weren't keeping up with the pace." Bernandos laugh fills the empty cafeteria and it's putting me at ease with the fact Johnny just completely embarrassed me.

"He can be over bear- Wait what now?" 

"I like you." He repeats more clearly.