Love Bug // Hector Bellerin

For kcpuggles

After suffering a strained groin, regular check ups became mandatory for Hector and he would've never thought he'd find himself being so excited about an injury! Especially one that affected his playing, leaving him bench for majority of the week.

Every appointment, Hector would show up to the your practice, with that silly grin etched onto his chiseled face. You didn't think anything of it because he was normally the most cheerful out of the squad and his smile was somewhat contagious so you often found yourself, smiling and laughing along.

On what could possibly be Hectors last visit for awhile, He entered, beaming as usual. He scanned the room for you and when his eyes fell on the bouquet of the most expensive flowers the florist had, still sitting, untouched, behind your computer, his smile grew by a hair's breath.

You greeted him with a wiggle of your fingers, assuring him that you would be with him in a second.

Hector simply nodded and helped himself onto the examination table, watching your fingers jab at the keyboard at an inhuman speed.

If there were an award for best typer she'd win first place, that childish part of him murmured at the back of his mind and he had to bite back a laugh. Not wanting you to think he'd gone insane.

The longer the silence in the room was prolonged, the further Hectors mind strayed. He, silently, admired the way your curly hair framed your soft face. His eyes trailed down and he noted that the only jewelry you were wearing was a silver chain that clung to your cleavage and disappeared into the baggy white shirt you wore beneath your coat.

He blinked up to your face, pushing away any lewd thoughts that tried creeping into his mind and instead occupied his mind with the thought of you possibly not being a big fan of jewelry.

"Got a secret admirer?" Hector abruptly bursts through the silence surrounding you both thus earning your gaze on his smiling face.

For a moment, you look between Hector and the arrangement of flowers sitting prettily on the edge of your dark wood desk. You knew they had been gifted to you by him. All the gifts you'd been receiving lately were from him and maybe you wouldn't have been able to figure it out if you hadn't caught him sneaking into your office during training, holding a box of red velvet cupcakes on his arm.

"You're not as discreet as you think." Is all you say as you avert your gaze back to your monitor screen. Stifling a satisfied smirk.

Hectors eyes widen and the warmth of pure embarrassment immediately races up his neck before settling in his cheeks and the tips of his ears, tinting his milky skin a soft pink. His fingers, unconsciously, clutch the drawstrings on his sweats, instantly resorting to nervous fidgeting.

His mind began reeling with the memories of every single time he snuck into your office to "anonymously" plant gifts on your work desk, assuming that no one was watching. And he prayed that the floor would open beneath the soles of his trainers and swallow him whole.

His embarrassment is evident so you take it upon yourself to break the silence once more, "You're cute when you're flustered."

Hectors muscles unclench at your words and his shoulders drop.

So she thinks I'm cute?, He thinks to himself.

"You just called me cute. So, I'm gonna assume you liked the flowers." His smile reclaims it's spot on his face when he relaxes a bit more under your gaze, "I arranged them myself by the way."

"A bit over the top, don't you think?" You tilt you head cutely and Hector feels like his heart might just explode at the action, "You should at least ask me to grab a coffee before you start throwing your money around on gifts."

"Are you saying you want to accompany me on a coffee date?" Hector tilts his head as well and flashes you the cutest smile you've ever seen.

You're unable to hold back a laugh, your hands coming up to cover your face when you mumble a soft, "Yes."

"If you're not busy, I'll pick you up when you clock out." Hector says confidently, "Now, can we find out if I'm ready to go on the pitch yet?"

"Yes, yes we can, Mr Bellerin."