11. Rush

TIARA’S POV

I was standing at the stage, looking at the crowd. I know this is a dream, I’ve seen this before. People are calling me names, names that I deserve to be called. Their voices became so distant; slowly their voices are fading away. Maybe my ears decided on its own to ignore the hurtful words its hearing.

I am standing still, waiting for that guy. I know he’ll come, this is déjà-vu.

Then there he is, standing right in front of me, saving me once again from all the humiliation.

“Tiara” he called. His voice seems so familiar, like I’ve known him for quite a while. I felt really safe just by hearing his voice.

“Tiara..” I could do this all day – hear him call my name.

“Tiara..”

“Tiara, seriously, wake up!”

I slowly opened my eyes and realized that the voice I am hearing isn’t a part of my dream. It was Athan. I remembered I’ve slept in his room – I mean, we slept. I formed a smile on face.

“It’s getting late, we still have classes.”

I nodded, preventing myself to speak cause I’m afraid my breathe wouldn’t smell that good.

I went out and gestured goodbye to Ath, still preventing myself from talking.

“You’re going already? Aren’t you going to comb or wash your face first?” Athan asked

I shook my head instead of saying no.

I’m used to going out of a man’s home without reconsidering how I look and this wouldn’t be an exception. I still went out of Athan’s house without fixing or cleaning my face.

While walking my way to my apartment, a thought made me smile: I slept with Athan.

____________________________________________________________________________

“You bitch! You slept with him already? OMG Tiara!”

Bianca was so surprised when I told her what happened last night; she was so happy and ecstatic about it.

“Bianca! We just slept together, we didn’t have sex!” I said, trying to wash away whatever it is that Bianca’s concluding. She returned a doubtful glare at me.

“I would never lie to you about stuffs like that!” I’m certain that will make her believe what I’m saying.

The thing is, Athan and I just slept together, yes, we shared the same bed – he didn’t like the idea at first but then when I said that I’ll kiss him if he slept inside, it took about 15 minutes before I convinced him to come in and stay beside me. When he was lying beside me, I kissed him on the lips as promised and then turned my back at him and said goodnight.

The way he reacted was so grade school. Like a little guy getting a first kiss from his all time crush. It was priceless. The reason I wanted him to sleep beside me was because his bed is too huge, I am not very comfortable being alone at a huge bed, seeing a space in the bed makes me feel that I am alone – for some reason an empty space in bed is depressing for me. Maybe that’s the reason why I like my bed; I could just fit to it perfectly – without the need of someone to fill up the empty space.

There’s one thing I can’t tell Bianca right now, I hugged Athan while we we’re in the bed, I don’t know why I can’t control myself from doing that, I just did and it feels amazing.  We cuddled until we fell asleep. It was an amazing feeling leaning at Athan’s shoulder, for the first time in my life, I felt safe and secured. I never thought I would feel that way and I’m perfectly glad that I was partially wrong.