Initiated

From the hangar, Eesla took a transport through the city roads of Coruscant. The hustle and bustle of the city made her uncomfortable, and she somehow pined for the quiet peace of Naboo.

The transport soon deviated off the busy streets to a more isolated region. Eesla noticed they went further away from the busy city and there were lesser transports on the road. Turning the corner, she saw a large building looming ahead in a distance.

Taller than any skyscraper in its vicinity, the building resembled more of a fortress, large and forbidding. Towers and spires of various heights decorated its rooftop, giving it a more imposing look yet a tinge of grandeur that you couldn't quite ignore.

As though reading Eesla's thoughts, Master Qui-Gon smiled down at her.

"Don't be intimidated by its look, child. The Jedi Temple is a place of serenity, one for reflection and meditation. It's where we help to keep the peace." Master Qui-Gon explained, his voice full of pride and his eyes glittering as he spoke.

Once within the Jedi Temple, Eesla understood that Master Qui-Gon's words were true. They passed spacious chamber halls and spiralling staircases, rooms with children learning and Jedi of many ranks. Eesla was beginning to wonder how far did they still have to go before Master Qui-Gon stopped short in front of a door.

Turning towards the boy beside him, he said "Obi Wan, please stay here. Only Eesla and I will see the Jedi Council."

The boy nodded. "Yes, Master."

Master Qui-Gon then turned to Eesla. "Come child, there are some people I want you to meet. Don't worry, you just need to answer some of their questions and you'll be fine."

Although she was nervous, she hoped it didn't show on her face. She took a deep breath as Master Qui-Gon pushed open the door, revealing a circular room. Inside, there were several Jedi Masters seated.

Following Master Qui Gon's lead, Eesla walked to the middle of the room and bowed deeply. She could feel everyone's eyes on her. Swallowing hard, she forced herself not to fidget.

Master Qui Gon bowed. "Good day. This is the youngling I had retrieved from Naboo."

A dark skinned Jedi spoke up. "What's your name, youngling?

Eesla spared a glance at Master Qui-Gon. He smiled and nodded encouragingly, gesturing for her to speak.

"My name is Eesla Merquise. I'm 5 years old and from Naboo."

A female Tholothian Jedi spoke next. "Did you realise you were a Force-sensitive, youngling?"

"No... I did not." Eesla shook her head.

"Fear, I sense, deep within you." Eesla turned to face the owner of the voice seated in the centre. His skin was green in colour and his body small in size. Yet his voice echoed wisdom. Eesla sensed that he was older than what he seemed to look like.

Not waiting for an answer, the Jedi continued speaking. "Fear us, you are not. In the past, it has happened, is it not?"

"I..." Eesla was not sure how to answer the queer question of the Jedi. She wasn't sure how to explain her dream without them thinking she was mad.

"Train with us, you will." The green Jedi suddenly spoke, smiling softly. "To defeat this adversary, strength you must build."

Adversary? Eesla thought. Did he mean that there was someone in her future that she had to face? Was her dream telling her that she needed to prepare for this? There were so many questions left unanswered and she was beginning to think that the more she found out the more questions she wanted to ask.