First Sight

Jedi Temple Training Arena, Evening

"Ugh" Eesla grunted as the training droid once again gained the upper hand in their lightsaber duel. Circling the battle ground, she slashed her lightsaber at the droid. The droid evaded her attack and countered by slashing another blow at her. The lightsaber lightly slashed across her upper thigh.

Falling back, Eesla bit back a cry of pain. The lightsabers weren't at a level high enough to severely injure people, but when it hit you it  still stung or worse, bruised. Before Eesla could attack again, the training droid stopped midway.

"Beep beep! Time's Up" The training droid announced before returning to its station.

Eesla collapsed onto the ground, sweating profusely. She was training alone again today. Master Qui-Gon and Luminara had been far too busy as of late to join her, so she enlisted the help of the training droids as sparing partners. However, even at a visibly low level, they would still continue to best her at every turn.

She lay on the ground, trying to pacify her erratic breathing. On usual days, no one would come over to bother her as rarely did anyone used the training arena during late evenings.

However, today was not a usual day.

"Amateur." A mocking voice spoke from the corner.

Eesla sat up quickly. Glancing towards the corner where the sound came from, she asked sharply "Who are you? Show yourself."

A young boy came out of the shadows. To Eesla's surprise, it was not a stranger but someone she had met before.

"Yyou-You're that boy with Master Qui-Gon." Stupid Eesla! She berated herself silently. She couldn't figure out why in heavens was she stuttering. Glancing at the boy, it didn't seem as though he had noticed.

"Padawan..." the boy corrected.

"I beg your pardon?"

The boy sighed. "It's not boy, it's Padawan. And my name is Obi-Wan Kenobi."

Eesla was about to introduce herself when Obi-Wan held up his hand to stop her.

"You don't need to introduce yourself. Your name is Eesla Merquise from Naboo. Everyone here knows who you are. I still remember that we have met before, even if it was short and abrupt."

Eesla was getting increasingly irritated with every passing minute Obi-Wan was talking. He had some nerve, talking like this.

"What do I owe the pleasure of this visit, Padawan Kenobi?" Her words were dripping with sarcasm, but it seems Obi-Wan did not notice this.

"Call me Obi-Wan will do." He replied, waving his hand as though getting rid of an annoying insect. He was strolling around the training ground casually. Suddenly looking over his shoulder, he asked. "I heard that your Force training hasn't been yet up to standards, eh?"

Eesla was rendered speechless. The gall this boy had! She wouldn't deny that her skills weren't up to par, but to throw it in her face was absolutely humiliating. She hung her face in shame and tried her best to prevent her tears from falling. She absolutely would not cry in front of him.

Curling both her hands into fists, she gritted her teeth and replied seethingly. "I do realise that I haven't yet been able to achieve satisfying results as of late, but I'm trying my best."

"I supposed you're not trying hard enough then. I seen you. Taking up Master Qui-Gon and Luminara's time. You realised that they have better things to do right than just training with you right?" Obi Wan further queried with a matter-of-fact tone.