Dancing with Danger: Part 4

Eesla lay limp on the floor. She had been moved to another room after they landed, her movements further restricted as she was shackled to the wall. She tried to save her energy, but her efforts seem to be useless. The new force cuffs were draining what energy she had left, and whenever she fought back, the cuffs stunned her back into submission. With no help coming, she realised she would pass out from the fatigue sooner or later.

"Damn it Obi, where are you?" she said aloud to the walls. She wasn't expecting anyone to come for her, but deep down she had hoped at least Obi-Wan would have made it here.

She rolled onto her back. If only she had her lightsaber, but all she had about her were her wits and the Force. Closing her eyes, she held back a small hoarse gasp. "Looks like you're on your own, Ees."

***

"Master!" Obi-Wan called out to Master Qui-Gon as he crashed into the council meeting. Luminara followed closely behind, subtlely nodding in Master Gallia's direction, letting her Master know that all is well.

"Padawans, how dare you barge in on a council meeting like this!" Master Mundi thundered.

Ignoring him, Obi-Wan ran towards his Master. "Luminara and I found something in the Archives."

Passing over his data pad, he explained how he and Luminara had found out that the Senator was previously an orphan adopted into the Caius family. He further explained their findings along with their theories.

When he finished, Master Qui-Gon gestured to the council members. "I believe that the council agrees with me when I remark that the Padawans have performed extremely well."

The council was silent as Master Qui-Gon continued. "I vote that we do not waste anymore time on this dilly dally, I will volunteer myself for this rescue mission, and if the council allows it, I will depart immediately."

"Now wait just a moment, the council has yet to agree on this." Master Mundi cut in with a sharp voice.

Obi-Wan was about to explode from his anger and disbelief. He opened his mouth to blurt out his thoughts (very impolite thoughts!) when Master Gallia stepped in.

"Then we will not treat this as a rescue mission. I do not believe Senator Caius is any threat bigger than what we had dealt with before. Since we now have evidence that he has a lair somewhere in Nyess, he's just given us an opportunity to confront him with criminal offences. While we are after the Senator, the Padawans will look for Padawan Merquise. "

A murmur dispersed through the room. Obi-Wan felt thankful that Master Gallia chose to voice up her opinions. She was an influential figure within the Council, and her voice yield considerable power.

"So there is no more objection then?" Master Qui-Gon addressed the room. Most of the council were in agreement with the plan, however Master Mundi still had a displeased look on his face. Just when he was about the open his mouth to voice another objection, Master Yoda stepped down from his seat.

"Bring your padawans with Master Gallia, you will. Bring Senator Caius back to justice." Master Yoda spoke to Master Qui-Gon. Master Qui-Gon bowed at his words. "We will depart immediately, Master Yoda."

He then turned his head to Obi-Wan. "Save my Padawan, you will. Bring her back, you shall."

Obi-Wan nodded seriously at Master Yoda's words. He had made a promise to himself and he wasn't going to let himself nor Master Yoda down.