Dispute on Ryloth: Part 4

Eesla retreated slowly till she was back to back against Obi-Wan.

"So? Where did you get an invitation?" The man questioned menacingly.

"We didn't. We just thought it would be fun to crash the party." She replied nonchalantly.

The man, presumably their leader, stood out. "Who are you?" He demanded roughly.

Eesla and Obi-Wan ignited their lightsabers and formed battle stances.

"Take a wild guess." Obi-Wan smirked.

"Jedi." The leader snarled.

The masked men begun circling around them slowly, like predators awaiting their next strike.

"So I'm guessing you were behind the explosions on Ryloth?" Obi-Wan inquired.

"You got that right!" The leader cackled maniacally.

"Why?!" Eesla demanded.

"Profit that's why! Someone's paying us big to continue these attacks, and said if there was a civil war, they would pay us even more highly." The masked man replied in smug tone.

"Who's your employer?" Eesla hoped she could catch him offguard enough to make him spill some information.

"Let's just say it's a mercenary who can make a fortune off weapons supplies, when we get this war to happen."

Eesla tightened her hold on her lightsaber. These war-mongers would belittle the lives of the innocent for money and power. So much bloodshed for personal greed.

"However, given that you know so much, I'm afraid you can't leave here alive."

Obi-Wan and Eesla narrowed their eyes at his words. "May I suggest that isn't the best of ideas?" Obi-Wan pointed out.

"Fire!"

Weapons were raised and shots fired immediately. With ease, Obi-Wan and Eesla deflected all of them. Some were misfired at the computers and machinery, causing them to burst into flames; while others were redirected at the masked men, killing them on the spot.

The leader was quickly realising that the battle wasn't going the way he hoped and signaled one of his men.

Both Padawans pressed closer to the masked men as they retreated, never once lowering their guard.

"Surrender! We got you cornered." Eesla ordered.

"Well, we would love to stay and play, but our presence is needed elsewhere." As the leader spoke, he snapped his fingers, giving the signal.

Before either Padawan could react, smoke bombs were thrown around them and their surroundings quickly faded into a blur. When the smoke cleared, they found the hall empty of the masked men's presence.

"Blast!" Obi-Wan cursed.

"They must have left through that door over there. If we hurry, we might be able to catch up with them."

Running across a hallway, they stepped into the hanger just in time to see a ship take off from the platform.

"Well, that's that."

Pattering of feet sounded behind them as Ethios and his companion entered the hangar.

"What happened? We heard blasters." Ethios asked worriedly.

Eesla and Obi-Wan relayed everything that had happened. While they expressed regret that the culprits had escaped, they found solace in the fact that they could at least prove that neither the Senator or the Rebellion had any part in the explosions.