Chapter 6

Sasuke's POV

"She can't be serious about this." I said staring at the letter wide eyed.

What is she thinking? We can't kill her! We've known her since we were kids, and I've known her way before the academy. She's a part of my clan so we've known each other for a long time.

I won't stay back and just watch Naruto kill her either. I doubt he'd try, but if he changes his mind I'll make sure he regrets it. Loosing her once was enough and even though she isn't in control of her own body I will not allow anyone to harm her. Not again.

"Are you sure these were from Sora, Sasuke?" He asked skeptically looking at the letters.

"I don't know if it was from her or not, but Sarada's words are enough to reassure me that they are. She wouldn't lie to me Naruto. Its either she was lied to or the one who gave her the letters was really Sora." Those were the only explanations for what these letters said in them.

"But Sora always has other ways. She knows how hard it is for us to harm a comrade. Even if they aren't aware of their actions that doesn't change the way we feel. We're human." My jaw clenched.

"This only means that there isn't any other way... She always thinks of other possible ways to solve a problem before going to such extremes. This must be the one with the least risks if she would resort to it. She takes her life way too lightly sometimes..." I always hated that about Sora.

She would put her life on the line for her friends even if it meant taking unnecessary risks.

"We should talk to Shikamaru about this. Maybe he can figure out something else. We'll choose the best plan from there. Sora and Shikamaru were one of the best ones in our generation that could solve problems such as this one." I nodded agreeing with what he said.

After so many years Naruto has matured alot he's still hotheaded, but now he thinks more. He's learned to be more patient when it comes to missions.

~

Sarada's POV

"Come on Sarada! Why aren't you focusing?!" Whined Boruto when I failed to cover them from the kunai's. They managed to get away on time though, but just barley.

I glared at him.

"I think I had enough training. I'm going home you guys train without me." I said letting so of my kunai.

"You can't just leave Sarada." I heard sensei say.

"I'm sorry sensei. I'm just not feeling well right now. I promise I'll make it up to the team tomorrow." I said walking away.

I could feel their stares behind me, but I ignored it.

I want to know what was in those letters. Its been bothering me for some time now. I can't even focus on training because of it.

If I ask father I doubt he would tell me what's going on, and Sakura doesn't even know about the matter either. I doubt he would tell her. There a chance he would, but that chance is very slim.

I didn't go home. All I needed right now was to clear my mind and try to get all thoughts about those letters off my mind. Its all just hindering me from focusing on training. I need go get stronger. For mom. I want to make her proud.

~

Shikamaru's POV

"It doesn't have a date when all of this will take place? Or even a hint?" I asked trying to get as much information to make my strategies.

Naruto shook his head.

"It doesn't say anything that useful. All it tells us is to be careful and stay alert. I don't think even she knows when everything will take place." Releasing a sigh a relief I started to think.

"All we really have left is to do what she tells of us. Well stay alert and prepared for what awaits the shinobi world this time." I said after a couple minutes of thinking.

"What do we do if Sora does appear?" Asked Sasuke.

"We'll just restrain her until we find a way to unlink her from the enemies control. That's the only way to keep her alive, but its easier said than done. We need skilled ninja to do that task. A simple barrier won't suffice."

Restraining Sora won't be an easy task so we need the best of the best to stop her from capturing Naruto or any other tailed beast. The enemy made a good choice using her as their puppet, but everything comes with its own share of risks. 

"I'll handle that then." I shook my head at what Sasuke suggested.

"We don't know how strong the enemy has gotten. The last time we faced them was years ago. They have new tricks up their sleaves and we'll need you and Naruto in the front lines. We have other capable ninjas to handle Sora. I'll be one of them." I saw his fist clench and unclench.

"How do I know you won't try anything?" I sighed at his angered tone.

"Just like you I've known her for a long time Sasuke. She's my friend and I wouldn't hurt a comrade. You should know that by now. That just shows that you still don't trust us." 

Even as a kid he's had trust issues. The only people he trusts completely are the ones from team seven and Sora. He trust the rest of us only to an extent. With Sora he trust's no one. She's too special to him, and he's trusted her with people before and this is what he received in return. She's gone because he trusted others to take care of her.

"That's not it... I trust all of you, but there's certain things I only trust myself to take care of." Naruto put a hand over Sasuke's shoulder.

"Shikamaru would never do something that would harm Sora, but in order to restrain Sora he and the other ninjas will have to use force." Naruto said.

"I get that, but if you cross the line I won't hesitate to kill you, even if you're a childhood friend." He said narrowing his eyes at me.

I held my hands up lazily in surrender.

"Wouldn't even dream of it." I reassured him.

I've never crossed the line when it comes to a comrade. There's always a limit to everything. Using violence to capture Sora will be needed, but I'm going to have to make sure the others won't surpass that limit just for being afraid