Chapter 8

Third POV

"You can't act on your own Sasuke." Naruto began to scold his friend

"It's the only way Naruto. Otherwise we won't gather useful information if we stay as we are now." Sasuke said as he ended packing his things.

Sarada already knows about this and agrees completely with her father. Even though she wants to go with him she can't, and she has to understand that it's too dangerous.

"At least take others with you! You know those people aren't to be messed with!" Naruto was starting to loose his cool.

He's seen how powerful those things are and that only worried him even more.

"No Naruto. I'm going by myself whether you like it or not."

Naruto blocked the door so Sasuke wouldn't leave without him finishing what he has about to say.

"If you won't accept the team I formed for you, then I'll just have to go with you." He said seriously.

Sasuke's eyebrows furrowed.

"You're Hokage Naruto. You can't leave the village for something like this." Sasuke knows that Naruto would be willing to put everything on the line for a friend... Of course he wouldn't leave the village defenseless, but he'd find another way.

Even though he's an adult, Naruto will always be Naruto...

"I have a village to take care of, but I also have a family Sasuke. You have Sarada, and if you were to die she'd end up just like you were at her age... Alone. Do you really want that for your daughter Sasuke? Do you want her to feel alone even though she isn't...? There's only so much we can do for her Sasuke. So either you accept my offer, or I will not let you pass."

Sasuke stayed quiet. He couldn't believe that he was really just about to do something that could possibly kill him while he had a safer option. It wouldn't have mattered if it was just him, but he's no longer a teenager. He has a daughter that loves him unconditionally.

If he were to have died, she might take the same path he chose when he was her age. The path of revenge isn't something he ever wished for Sarada to take. He wants her to accomplish her dream of becoming Hokage, but if he were to die... That dream wouldn't exist anymore for her.

He knows how incredibly intelligent Sarada is which is what scares him, because if she were ever to go up against the village... That'll be it.

Sarada will be just as strong or even stronger than both of her parents. That can be both good and bad for the village, so Sasuke has to be careful what he chooses.

The smallest mistake can cause the most dangerous disasters.

Sighing Sasuke nodded.

"Fine... But just know I'm doing this for my daughter, and if this team of yours slows me down, then I'm leaving them behind." He almost growled.

He didn't like the idea of having a team to weigh him down, but hopefully if something still ends up happening to him, that Sarada will be smart enough to not go up against the village just like he did. Hatred and love have many differences, but what they have in common is that they both can corrupt the smartest of minds.

Naruto smiled.

"I'm sure they won't slow you down at all."

~

"Well Sasuke, what do you think?" Naruto asked cheerfully.

Kiba, Shino, Lee and Shikamaru.