Chapter 9

Third POV

Their destination was in a couple of mountains where there's said to be some kind of powerful source according to the neighboring lands.

Some ninja's also made a conclusion that the letter and those mountains have a close connection. 

The five men noticed that it was close to the area where the forth great ninja war took effect.

Shikamaru made a couple inferences believing that whoever this enemy was, they are somehow connected to Kaguya. They must be.

Many of their features were the same. At least that's what they remembered from the attack a couple years ago. Their powers are also nothing they've ever seen before or even thought possible.

The sun set a while ago and now the five man team had no choice but to set camp.

Shikamaru volunteered to stay watch which surprised everyone. Usually he'd want nothing else but some sleep on a quiet night like this one.

It was odd, but no one said anything. Shino however understood what Shikamaru was trying to do.

Sasuke needed all the rest he could get. He needed to get back to his daughter, because unlike all of the rest here, he's the last family she has left.

Sakura is no longer and was doubtfully ever a mother figure for his daughter. She was more like an older sister or even an aunt, but nothing more than that.

They needed to get Sora back, or at least get some clue that she was out there and the letter wasn't some trap that the enemy set up. They also needed Sasuke at full strength. He's undeniably the most powerful one out of the five of them.

Without him, they won't stand a chance against them. Especially not if they're more than just two this time.

Using this as a time to create a plan in his mind he began writing down pros and cons of the enemy. They must have improved, but hopefully the weaknesses that they had the last time he saw them are still there.

At least one weakness is enough for them to have a better chance in winning just in case they had to engage in battle for any reason.

"You also need your rest Shikamaru." Sasuke said as he leaned on a tree that was next to where Shikamaru was sitting.

Exhaling as he threw the last pebble into the lake that was in front of him he looked up at the almost full moon.

"Not as much as you Sasuke. Sarada needs you more than anyone, and if you're gone... Then she might turn into the same person you used to be. She'll go against the village, and who knows how strong she'll get."

Sasuke hummed thinking the same exact thing.

It was the plain truth. Uchiha's emotions are magnified when loosing someone they love dearly.

That's what happened to him when he believed he had lost Sora. He went on a rampage on the outskirts of the village, almost killing a family that was traveling to the hidden village for a family vacation.

Luckily, Naruto and Sakura were there to prevent anything from happening.

Things however didn't get better, they got worse... He neglected Sarada for years, went on missions frequently just to avoid seeing his daughter. She reminded him so much of Sora that it killed him on the inside.

Luckily things began to make a turn. It was a slow process, but he eventually got everything out of his system. Sarada however, isn't him. No one knows how she'll react.

She's never actually lost someone she cares for a lot like her dad. She lost her mom at a young age, at a age where she doesn't even remember a thing.