chapter 36: Arleen

The drive to Jose house was serene and quiet, not one of us spoked after our deep conversation, you couldn't even hear my tears. I stare out at the window and smiled as the wind flew in my face, However the vacant feeling in my heart was still there.

"you can take me to the nearest hotel" I whispered as Jose raised an eyebrow and giggle.

"you cray cray, you living with me" he said proudly making me chuckle in suprised.

"no no its okay" I muttered rejecting his offer, but it only made him smile wider.

"non sence, I live alone, it gets lonely" he said looking at me for an approving look, I smile and breathed out and nodding.

he fist pumped the air and smiled over me grinning "were leaving" he said looking over me.

"what?" I question him, as he's lighten glittered with exitment.

"were leaving somewhere far from here, to start a new life with a new start.Only you and me" he said making my heart stop and butterfly flutter in my stomach.

"really?!" I whispered yelled disbelief

he nodded " a new makeover and new life, no problems. were leaving everything behind, and everyone." he said emphizing everyone.

I gripped his arms and screamed in exitement nodding.

"what makeover are you thinking of" He question wiggling his eyebrows

"well Arleen is not going to be a blue head no more" I said clapping my hands and laughing as Jose chocked on his own spit.

"NOT THE HAIR" He yelled touching my blue hair.

"yes, it has to leave" I sing song making Jose pull my hair and groan as he stared at my hair sadly.

"fine" he whispered like if it was the most horrible thing ever

The rest of the ride was of him talking about actually owning a house in California, he mention his parents own it and we could live there since no one used it. He also mention I could take online classes to get my diploma. I stared at Jose with anticipation and gladness looking at how his eyes brighten up as he talked about our plans, how his eyes crinkle in the side as he recommended colors to dye my hair. In that very moment having Jose joyful spirit in front of me, gave me a comforting feeling that reached the vacant space in my chest and filled it with hope. I started thinking how this was a new chapter in my life. Every story has an ending but in life every ending is just a new beggining, and this was my new beggining. I smiled as Jose turn to look at me his eyes glowing with exitement and curiosity. It made me realize that if the world had more people like Jose, then maybe the world would have been better, However finding people like the one I had infront was kind of impossible. At first when I met him I judge him as a poor cab driver who just wanted to get in my pants, but he made me think otherwise , well after only knowing me for only one day, he opened his house for shelter, he offered me a new life and a family. And even if most of normal people would have not trusted him , I did. He was unable to cause harm, and you could see it from the way his eyes roamed your face to find a sign of your emotions. He was one of that kind of person that would take waves of pain for you. In that instant I knew we could combat wars and win them no matter how many floods of challenges are thrown to us, If people like Jose existed all over the world, then how can hope not exist.

"what are you thinking about" Jose said as his engine stoped , I looked around to see a charming decent house standing right there, with a welcoming aura, just like Jose felt when I first saw him last night.

"About my our new beggining" I smiled as I flew out of the car and ran to the front door with Jose behind me.

he opened the door as i jumped in my feet exitedly.