Chapter 7 - Let's play a game

"Okay guys, thank you so much that you all came here and enjoyed my freely donated beer, food and rooms to have flowers blooming. Disgusting. Anyways, that's all for today, and as I see all of you, drunk people, I can openly say, rather shout, that from the bottom of my heart, I totally regret that I invited you all." Shlok was calling off the party. He was equally drunk like others. The music stopped suddenly, and Mihir got disturbed as he couldn't get his free WiFi. People started getting out of that house when me, Dev, Omkar, Tanmay and Shefali were being victims of that whole drama. Oh yes, Franky was also there, well, I'd say he preferred not to go because he fell asleep.

"Shlok?" Mihir said.

"Yes?" Shlok said.

"You are ending this party?"

"Well, I guess you didn't hear me right, I already ended it."

"But...I came just now." Mihir said while he was nodding his head.

"So? We all are here since four hours."

"That's okay, but, what about me? Where will I go?" Mihir said.

"What are you talking about? Go home!"

"If only you could understand my problem." He said and looked at his phone. I saw that.

Shlok looked at him then looked at me with a question of what was Mihir talking about.

"WiFi." I whispered.

Shlok was agitated now. He went up to Mihir and whispered something. We others couldn't hear it.

"Thank you so much Shlok! I love you!" Mihir said smilingly and hugged Shlok tightly. And then he took off.

"Such a loner." Shlok said.

"Hey, what did you tell him?" I asked.

"Wha...? Umm...it was nothing. This is normal between us, this happens. Like he stays downstairs so understand..." Shlok said. And I got a doubt on Shlok. It was regarding Mihir and thus, I got a doubt on Mihir too.

* * * * * * * *

"Okay then, we'll also leave." Omkar said on behalf of him and Tanmay.

"Hey, no, no, no." Shlok said. And we all payed attention to him. Even Franky got up.

"Party was over for those other people. It is still on for you guys. Because, honestly, you guys are the true close ones to me." He said and we all were sort of happy when we heard him but we also had few questions about what was happening to Shlok.

He insisted all of us to sit on the 'L' shaped sofa which had a small table in the center as a companion. All of us had absolutely no idea of what was Shlok up to. And none of us were talking to each other. Shlok was in the kitchen. I looked at everyone. Everyone was seated as follows :

Dev, Omkar, Tanmay. Then on the other side, Priyanka, Shefali. And I was seated on a separate chair as the sofa was full. So I had a clear, straight view of Priyanka. I looked at her and coincidently she looked at me. Obviously I ignored her and looked somewhere else. Then when I realized she wasn't looking at me, I looked at her and at that specific moment Shlok entered with glasses. He banged seven glasses on the table in the center.

After few moments of our suspicion, the lights went dim and Shlok came with bottles and took a separate chair like me.

"Dude, don't tell us to drink anymore. We all are done." Dev said.

"Oh Dev! These bottles are empty. I've to keep them outside the door for the garbage guy who comes early morning." Shlok said.

"Oh okay, but then what about these glasses?" Dev asked.