Chapter 8 - The Blank Chit (Part 1)

Glasses were kept in a line. And someone's hand was finding a way to arrange them. In that drunken state who would do this kind of theatrical gesture which could fidget the future of one's life? Well, that went too far, I know. Nevertheless, expressing that night, this was the case. The joker of the glasses who didn't attempt any magic trick using those glasses (that would have been great by the way) was none other than Dev.

"What are you doing Dev?" Shefali asked.

"I..I...I..." he said.

"Ugh! Will you open your mouth?"

"I am thinking which glass should I take so that I'm in a good place when you guys write stuff about me."

"Oh God! Pick any glass, all are the same."

"No they aren't, see, one glass is near me and the other is a bit far from me. So technically, if I choose the glass farther to me, I'll be spending my body energy in doing that, which may result in lessening of thoughts, and then it might happen that I'll become weird. And then you'll think of me differently."

Shefali rolled her eyes and said,

"As if you aren't weird right now."

After listening to that little shitty thing of Dev's, Omkar took the farther glass and replaced it with the glass which was closer to Dev.

"No!! Oki! Why did you do that?!" Dev said.

"Because you didn't wanted to waste your energy, so I brought the glass near you." He said.

"But in that you wasted your energy, now the lessening will happen with you! And whatever you'll write down for us will be different than before. And whatever we'll write for you will also be different than before."

"Shut up!!" Tanmay said.

"You have wasted more energy right now while explaining the crux of body energy which is actually more energy used while explaining, compared to that energy used in picking up a glass. So technically, your thoughts are already lessened!"

Silence was heard then. And Dev kept his mouth shut. Later, he picked a random glass and said,

"Okay, I choose this one."

And everyone was like, 'Oh god!'

* * * * * * * *

"One week ago, everything was different and now it has all changed. I am out of any thoughts right now." I said that time in the balcony. Not always the skies, the moon and the stars help you find a way to peace. Sometimes they hide behind the clouds and leave you alone to find out and fight out a way to sort everything. When I was all confused about everything, that's when I got a call from Rishi.

"Hey" I said.

"What's up?" he said.

"Nothing, I'm here in the party, and now we are going to play some kind of a game which is more like a pact."

"Oh, okay."

"Yeah. By the way, how come you are not sleeping this late?"

"Well, I was watching football."

"Oh, wait a sec...You don't really like football right?"

"Yeah, you are right, but it feels good to say that I am watching football."

"Haha...yeah."

"So what's the plan for the night?" Rishi said.

"There's no plan. I am totally confused. On one hand I'm like I'll go home, but the other says wait, maybe this is an opportunity. I don't know what should I do?"