Chapter 12 - The Wasted Chapter

" "Hi, I'm Manav here."

"Um...hey its me, Manav."

"Manav here, can we talk?"

"Manav this side, are you free right now?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why so many rehearsals for the simplest thing ever – to talk on a phone?" Rishi said.

"Simplest thing? Really?" I said.

"Well, if I would be in your place, I would go fearlessly and talk what I want to talk." He said.

"Oh really? You and that too someone except me?"

"You tell me." Rishi said.

How could I tell him?

"So why are you being so kiddish right now?" he asked.

"I'm not being kiddish. I'm just practicing." I said.

"Yeah that's what's kiddish. Just to talk over a phone, you are practicing since half an hour! Oh god, please, save me from this guy!" he said, joining his hands and gazing the ceiling of my living room as he begged to god.

"Stop overacting!" I said.

"Just go and talk to her." He said.

"No! Are you mad?!"

"Why? You know that she initiated and opened the doors of friendship with you, though those doors opened wide enough just so that a ray of light could pass through it and not the whole sunlight. And moreover it tones down to the least probability of friendship with her, but still, why leave this chance? And you have a plus point here." He said.

"What plus point?" I asked.

"That you know what has she written on your chit."

"Actually, now I'm not sure."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, that night others were drunk, so maybe Dev would've written it, or Omkar just because of the drink." I said.

"What's written in the chit anyway?" he asked.

"It's written 'Thanks to be in my life' ." I said.

"Hmm..." Rishi said.

"Anyways I'm going out for some work." I said.

"Don't tell me you are going to her house." He said.

"Obviously not!" I said.

"Means you are going. Great! I wanted that to happen." he said with a smile on his face.

Bloody mind reader! I thought.

* * * * * * * *

I didn't take my scooter. This time for no reason, I just preferred to walk and take a bus. This wasn't the first time I was going to go to Priyanka's house. I had been to her house, well not inside the house; I used to stand below her building and I sneaked at some intervals just in a hope that she'd come on the window someday and just that one glance of her would compensate those sad memories with her.

But most of the time, that never happened. I used to stand below her building, and I just used to wait. Even time had that much of time to pass by me and laugh on me cruelly. But I didn't care about all that, because, I hoped.