Chapter 9 - The Blank Chit (Part 2)

The blank chit was in front of my eyes. And then I kept it aside. The sky was clear then and I felt nice about it. Whenever I felt lonely or something, I looked up at the stars and I felt good. It's because, they are always up there and they don't leave you. We don't realize that sometimes people feel bad because of us. Maybe, sometimes they don't abide by what we say, or feel or think. Maybe sometimes, we also go way ahead of our limits and act as if we were right when maybe we were not. Sometimes both the people who have misunderstandings are not able to land up on similar thoughts and thus the misunderstandings continue.

"There's one common thing between all of us Manav, and that's..." Shlok said.

* * * * * * * *

The sky was dull. Clouds were passing by and I could see a slight shine of the moon. That blank chit was in my hand. It only spend some time in my hand maybe just because there was something for me to learn. And at that time, Shlok came beside me. As I was watching those clouds pass by, he joined me. Rather he liked the calmness of that night, well, late at night, but it was too much goodness around. But what were the chances, we were in a house where a different kind of story was going on. Intensely, I felt a dip in my chest and reading my face he said,

"What you looking at Manav?"

"Those clouds."

"Hmm..."

"You?"

"I'm looking at the present."

"Woah. Good for you." I said and we both smiled.

We could see few stars then and that's when he asked,

"Do you like stars Manav?"

"Yeah, very much."

"Can I ask why?"

"Why? Well, it's like they all are always there. I mean, whenever I feel lonely or alone, I used to look up at those stars, and I felt good then. So that's all."

"Haha...I see. But what if it's raining?"

"In that case also, I know they are there, just behind those clouds."

"And while it's daytime?"

"The sun. Because that's also a star."

"Haha..nice." he said and we smiled again. I didn't understand why was he asking me those questions, but it felt good to answer them.

Shlok looked at the blank chit in my hand and said,

"Priyanka right?"

And I got my attention to what he was saying.

"What?"

"The blank chit. It's for Priyanka right?"

"Oh this, umm...yes."

"Didn't write anything yet?"

"No. And please don't ask why."

"Haha...I'll not. By the way, we were talking about stars. So think, because I know you do, tell me why is it that you feel good when you look at the stars?"

"As I said, people go, but they, stars, don't leave you."

"Ya, ya...I know. But I'm not asking about that. I'm saying why you think stars are your best companion? I mean why only stars? How can you see them as your friend?"

I closely looked at few and I tried thinking over his question. To be honest, that time I really thought that all this time I was blindly thinking about those stars being my friend.