Chapter 17 - When Shlok Came Back

"Where were you?" Dev said.

"I'm sorry. I got up late." I said.

He sat behind me on the scooter and we left to Shlok's house. He had finally come back.

The lift gates opened up and we had reached Shlok's house. The door was open. We entered and I saw shoes laying around at the door. I understood everyone had come. As we came to the living room, I saw Shefali, Priyanka, Omkar and Tanmay drinking juice as they were seated on that same sofa where we played that game which Shlok forced us to play.

"Hey you guys!" Dev said to Omkar and Tanmay. I assumed no one had met them recently. I don't know why. Omkar and Tanmay got up, had a handshake and gave a hug to Dev and me.

"It's been some really long time Manav, I haven't seen you for months." Omkar said.

"Well, even we didn't see him." Dev said and he looked away to Priyanka and Shefali.

"Dude, I heard you started smoking." Tanmay said, coming close to me so that no one hears. But it was loud enough for Shefali to pay attention to. I turned behind and gave a look to Shefali. She smartly acted as if no words had fallen on her ears.

Then Shlok came.

"Hey!! I'm so happy to see you guys!" he said to me and Dev.

We smiled and hugged and tapped each other on our backs.

"Here, have some juice." He offered us. We all sat on the sofa somehow. We adjusted. Shlok sat on a separate chair.

"So how's life there Shlok?" I asked.

"It's amazing. I mean, its good. I've met a lot of people there."

"Great!" Omkar said.

"By the way, any American girl you met?" Dev asked with a hint of lusty smile.

"Haha...not yet." Shlok said.

"Oh come on Dev, he's there to study Engineering not for 'Being Dev' program." Shefali said. Dev tried to ignore and took a sip of juice.

"Tell me, what's up with you guys? I've come after four months, didn't you guys miss me? And Manav, you didn't even call?"

"Well, I did." Dev said and he raised his hand.

"Shut up Dev." Shefali said. "We all missed you here Shlok."

"But who was the first one to know that he was coming?" he said and then he started pointing himself.

"No no no, Dev, you weren't the first one to know." Omkar said.

"What?"

"I was the first one." Omkar said. Well, I must say, he took pride in being the first one there.

"Oh come on, it was none of you guys. It was me." Tanmay added his participation.

"Okay, okay, calm down everyone. I had messaged each one of you at the same time. It really doesn't matter." Shlok gave the final verdict.

"Then, if that's the case, I was the one who saw his message first." Dev started an argument. Truly, when your best buds group comes together, some of your friends start behaving as if they were three.

"I'll just bring some juice and something to eat." Shlok said and he got up to go to the kitchen.

"I'll help you." I said and plunged out of there.

In the kitchen,

Shlok was searching for some snacks. And I thought this would be the perfect time I could talk to him about Naina. After all, it was his party back then.