Chapter 1

The ladies of Raizada family were gathered in a common room going about their household chores: Nani-ji and Mami-ji were pealing the grapefruit for dinner, Anjali was making a grocery shopping list for later, Khushi and Payal were shining the veneration plates.

The only person falling out of this picture was NK because he wasn't doing anything useful… or, if you ask him, he was doing the only useful thing - loads and loads of pictures.

- NK, please, stop jumping around, you will give me headache and I can't afford it today, I still have that spa appointment, I can't miss it! Look!

Mami-ji stretched out her fingers to NK as if their mere sight was proving her point:

- See how grapefruit juice is corrupting my fresh-made manicure? It's no good! I will have to do it again!

Mami-ji sighted theatrically and got back to pealing the grapefruits. Nani-ji shook her head disapprovingly but kept silent - she has already used to her daughter-in-law's narcissism… because she knew that somewhere very deep under that polished and pampered surface there a really warm soul.

- Mami-ji, I assure you, your hands look as good as they did this morning! Here, I'll show you!

And NK dropped himself to the couch in between Anjali and Khushi and started clicking the buttons on his huge camera.

- See?! Here's Payal-ji preparing a lunch dabba for Akash-bhai… and here's Khushi-ji running with a glass of water…

- Arnav-ji forgot to take his medicine even though I reminded him before I left to make breakfast. So I had to run, you see…

Khushi sounded apologetic so Anjali covered her hand with hers and said in a low voice:

- Khushi-ji, I'm so glad Chote has you to take care of him. You are his angel.

So simple, so mater-of-factly… Khushi blinked to hold back a tear - she felt so blessed to join this family of beautiful and kind people… she felt loved…

NK kept narrating their morning routines through pictures - pooja, breakfast, "big bosses go to the big office to make big money"…

- Nanhe-ji, - Payal asked shyly, - why do you need so many pictures?

- Payal-bhabhi, two reasons! One - guys will be forever grateful to me for making pictures of their lovely ladies, two - I need as many pictures as I can get for the time when I will have to come back home! So that's what I'm doing - snapbook of the most beautiful women of Earth!

Everybody shied a bit on this unconcealed adoration remark… and then came unexpected voice:

- Well, yes, NK… Bro, you've landed on the most gorgeous company of faeries I've ever seen! Kudos!

Initial shock came to everybody's faces but only resided for long in Khushi's and Payal's. Nani-ji face held the most welcoming smile, Mami-ji's sparkled with joy and Anjali seemed happy… but startled a little.

NK jumped right that instant and gave a bear-hug to a lean, tall man in a three-piece dark suit. Man's face was all angles with stubble, his hair was a bit long and wavy, his gaze was razor-sharp when he was checking the faces that were apparently new to him.

The man asked in deep husky voice with warm velvet undertone of politeness attached to it:

- NK, do I get to be the luckiest of mortals to be introduced to your new stunning friends? Or shall you be a cruel man to leave me in darkness here?

And he raised an eyebrow questioningly.

And that did it. Khushi stood up abruptly as revelation hit her! Him! This man reminded Khushi of him, her husband, Arnav-ji! Looks, voice, manners… He was Arnav's mirror reflection! Amazing!

But before Khushi had a chance to share her insights NK finally got to introduction part:

- J, here's Payal-ji, Akash's wife.

Man called "J" bowed ceremonially and Payal nodded back with a smile - it was hard not to appreciate his charm and gallantry.

- And this is Khushi-ji, she's Nannav's wife, they had married recently, you've missed it like for few month tops!

Not disrupting his introduction mode NK turned to Khushi and said all cheerful and happy:

- Khushi-ji, this is Javed Khan, he's Nannav's university buddy… and his best friend! And his business partner! So it's a wonder you haven't met him before!

And again - J or Javed inclined his head gracefully to Khushi… and then took her hand and kissed a back of her palm:

- Too bad we haven't met before. It could have played out very differently…

- But it didn't! So take your hands off my wife, Jev! That is if you want to keep them attached to your body!

The iron in this voice was dominant and it gave away its owner even more than actual words. Arnav's eyes were shooting lightning as he approached them in wide steps… but Javed seemed unfazed by his anger.

So… this was the first time Khushi met Javed. The man who wasn't afraid of her husband.