Chapter 6

- Oh, thank you so much, Javed-ji! We would've not done so much without your help! - said Khushi entering Shantivan's front door, - and it's so much fun to do it with you!

- What exactly is "so much fun" if I may ask? - came thunder-like voice of angry Arnav, - where have you been?!

Javed looked around to see that Khushi's and Anjali's faces expressed the same level of surprise. He also eyed significantly all the groceries bags they have had to hint Arnav that the situation was self-explanatory - they went shopping.

But Arnav was still furious and unreasonable:

- Why am I the last to know where my wife is going and with whom? Khushi, why the hell is your phone turned off?

Khushi was taken aback with this kind of attitude:

- Arnav-ji, Di wanted to go shopping and I decided to accompany her and then Javed-ji offered to drive us to the market and so we went… And then my phone battery gone dead and I wanted to call home from Di's phone but we were already close to Shantivan so I thought that nobody would miss me for half an hour… you weren't even home!

By the end of her explanation she was almost screaming that mirrored Arnav's anger:

- And I don't really understand what is the problem here?! We went shopping! What is a big deal?!

Arnav came dangerously close and even though he was speaking silently he's voice was booming in Khushi's ears:

- I'll tell you what's a big deal! Come with me!

Arnav grabbed Khushi's hand almost making her to drop her bags. She retorted:

- Wait, Arnav-ji, I need to help Javed-ji to get these to the kitchen, to sort them out!

Arnav hissed:

- Don't worry about him, he'll do just fine, he always does!

Javed looked smug as if this meant more than what was said. Arnav yelled:

- Hari Prakash! Help Jev with the groceries! - then turned to Khushi and said looking her directly in the eyes with a hard-core conviction in his voice:

- Let's go with me! NOW!

Arnav took Khushi's bags, gave them to Hari Prakash who just came and yanked his wife to follow him. Khushi had to almost run to keep up with him but Arnav didn't bother to slow down.

It took them few minutes to get to their room where Arnav turned around to close the door behind them… and stilled there. He didn't turn around to face Khushi, he spoke harshly and breathlessly. He was trying to overcome his anger, to calm down…

- I have a gift for you. The box on the bed.

Khushi was very much surprise by the way events were unfolding - first unreasonable yelling, now a gift… he didn't know what to expect next.

She went to collect the box. There was a set of beautiful golden bangles that matched her today's anarkali, very exquisite and expensive. Khushi traced the thin patterns with her fingers and said:

- It is very beautiful, Arnav-ji, thank you so much. But… what's the occasion?

Arnav breathed out loudly and said harshly:

- Do I have to have a reason to buy a gift to MY wife? Jev can make you jumping with joy by stupid box of movies and I get to be questioned for my gift?!

Again with that! Khushi could not understand Arnav's obsession with Javed and with the way they've befriended each other.

- Arnav-ji, what does Javed-ji has to do with this? And with our shopping today? He's a part of this family, he's your best friend, I'm trying to get to know him better…