10. on my lunch hour

after they told derek who the darach was, they hid in another room, because they knew that jennifer would be coming to try and lie to derek

they heard the door open and some heels clack on the ground.

"derek? derek, where are you?" jennifer asked running in.

they heard the thunder and saw lightning out of the window.

"right here." derek said walking out towards her.

"thank god." she said throwing her arms around him in a tight hug.

skylar was shocked. she had no idea derek was seeing her aunt.

once they pulled away, she grabbed his hand holding it in hers.

"something happened at the recital. at the school. okay, i need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear any of it from them." jennifer explained.

"from who?" derek asked her.

"from scott, stiles, my niece skylar. they're gonna tell you things. things you can't believe. you have to trust me, okay? you trust me." jennifer said.

"what is it?" derek asked.

"promise you'll listen to me." jennifer said.

"promise." derek said with a nod.

then she kissed derek but she opened her eyes and pulled away from him.

"they're already here, aren't they?" jennifer asked.

then derek looked over by the other entrance behind jennifer, seeing scott, stiles and skylar walk into the room.

"so... they told you it was me? that i'm the one taking people?" jennifer said.

"we told him you're the one killing people." scott corrected.

"oh, that's right. committing human sacrifices? what, cutting their throats? yeah, i probably do it on my lunch hour. that way, i can get back to teaching high school english the rest of the day. that makes perfect sense." jennifer said with a chuckle.

"where my dad?" stiles asked.

the tone in his voice made skylars heart shatter, and she felt even worse when she saw the tears in his eyes.

"how should i know? derek, tell me you don't believe this." jennifer said turning to him.

derek was quiet as he looked over at the three teens, then looked back at jennifer.

"do you know what happened to stiles' father?" derek asked.

"no." she replied.

"ask her why she almost killed skylar and lydia." scott said.