13. stop reminding me why i drink

skylar got a phone call in the middle of the night from stiles' dad telling her to go over early in the morning

he also told her that stiles was screaming in his sleep. his dad had to run into his room to calm him down.

skylar knew that what they did to find their parents came with a price. stiles, scott and allison would have a darkness around their hearts. she just didn't know how bad it would be.

once skylar walked into his bedroom, he was putting stuff in his backpack.

stiles turned when he heard footsteps. he calmed down when he saw it was skylar.

"hey, i'm sorry about my dad calling you so late." stiles told her.

she didn't respond, all she did was wrap her arms around his torso and lay her head on his chest.

stiles closed his eyes and put his arms around her shoulders and he placed his cheek against the top of her head.

"i'm sleeping here tonight, okay? maybe it'll help you sleep better." skylar said pulling away.

stiles looked at her and smiled and she let him get back to getting ready for school.

skylar saw stiles pick up a book and he started to examine it strangely.

"you all right?" they heard someone say.

skylar looked over seeing his father, standing by the door.

"you ready for school?" he asked.

"yeah, yeah, i'm good." stiles said but his father looked at him and tilted his head.

"dad, seriously, i'm fine. it was just a nightmare. what's that?" stiles asked pointing to the box his dad was holding.

"that's just, uh, files from the office." his dad replied.

"it says sheriff's station do not remove." stiles pointed out.

"well, yeah, unless you're the sheriff." sheriff stilinski said.

"oh." stiles said making skylar chuckle.

"now get your butts to school, all right? and skylar, thanks for coming." he said.

"you know i'd do anything for your son mr. stilinski." skylar replied as he smiled and walked out of the room.

stiles turned back to skylar and smiled.

"you. wow, i love you." stiles told her.

"i love you too, stiles." skylar replied.

stiles put his arms around her waist and brought her close enough until her lips were on top of his.

he knew in this moment he was safe, he wasn't dreaming. because in his dreams, the kiss wouldn't feel so real.

they both pulled away and skylar looked up at him.