Chapter 12

After us chatting in the music room with Adeline, we decided to eat lunch together. We smiled and sat together on the floor, in the music room. We laughed and talked. Adeline seemed pretty nice, and I felt even happier when she started talking about her boyfriend. I felt more relaxed. I looked over at Elizabeth and saw she was pouting a bit. I snickered. "What?" Elizabeth asked. "Why are you pouting?" I asked. "I'm not pouting." Elizabeth said as she pouted. Adeline and I shared a laugh. "You really are." I said with a bright smile as I nodded. Elizabeth rolled her eyes. I smiled and started eating the baby carrots my mom packed for me. "Ew. Don't you dip them in ranch or something?" Adeline asked with a bit of a grimace. "No. they're fine juuuust the way they are. I can eat carrots like chips." I said with a smile. I ate another carrot. "Bleh. Okay." Adeline said. I smiled and sat criss cross. That day was pretty fun. For the next few weeks we would eat, sing, and play our instruments together. It felt amazing.

As we spent more and more time together, my feelings for Elizabeth were growing stronger and stronger. I wanted to tell her how I felt, but it was a big risk. I was scared. I didn't want to ruin our friendship, and if I told her, she could have thought that I was a freak. So. I wasn't the one to bring it up. She was. It was Valentine's Day. I was sitting in my usual seat in home room, just listening to my music. I was wearing my hair up in a bun and a cute black crop hoodie with some black distressed jeans and some vans. I was minding my own business. Then all of the sudden, some one put something on me and walked away. I took my headphones off and sat them down. She I looked at what the person sat down. It was a bottle of cherry crush soda. I thought about it for a second. I then smiled brightly when I realized what it meant. She put the soda on me, so she basically told me how she felt in a pun. I, have a crush, on you. I turned around and looked at Elizabeth. Elizabeth smiled at me. I held up my bottle of soda and pointed at it. "Was this you?" I mouthed to her.

She smiled and nodded. "Do you..like me?" I mouthed with a smile. She smiled brightly and nodded. "Me too!" I mouthed with a bright smile. She was so happy and so was I. I walked back to her and sat down next to her. She quickly gave me a kiss on my cheek. My jaw dropped and I blushed. "Ahhhh." I said quietly. She giggled. "I. You. Can. We. Um." I said. She smiled and waited patiently for me to get it together. "You want. We can. Um." I said. I was having a really difficult time keeping it cool. "How about we just go to the music room without Adeline today?" Elizabeth as with a smile. I smiled and just nodded. "Okay. Perfect. Then we'll go along from there." Elizabeth said. I smiled brightly and nodded. Elizabeth smiled at me. I was so excited and so happy. I also had so many questions. Like. Are we together now? Can we kiss and hug? What's our ship name? Are we gonna be together forever and ever and ever? Who's having da babies?! I was barely keeping it together. She giggled and blushed. "You're too much right now Joy." She said as she smiled and shook her head. I smiled and blushed. I adjusted my glasses and took a deep breath. I couldn't wait for classes to fly by and going to lunch so we can be in the music room.