Betrayal (Michael)

A/N: This is Part Two for Temptation
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I open the door and embrace the essence of my air freshener that I put throughout the house. My eyes skim the living room, and everything was just they way I left it. My magazines on the table, the fireplace, the dark figure in my chair, the-- wait a minute. THERE IS A DARK FIGURE IN MY CHAIR! I drop my purse and pull out my gun. I pointed it at the figure and said:

"Who the hell are you and how the hell did you get into my house?"

The figure shifted slightly and turn on the lamp.

"Hey!"

I was getting ready to fire until I notice that it was Michael who turned on the lamp.

"I couldn't have shot him." I said under my breath.

"I could have shot you! What the hell were you thinking?!" I scream at him.

"Lots of changed since we last saw each other."

"Yes. A lot has changed. Now explain to me why you broke into my house instead of waiting outside of it like a normal person? And you waited for me in the dark no less. You are out of your mind!"

"Maybe. But I had to see you, Y/N.... I didn't lie when I said that I missed you. And I want things to go back to the way things were."
He stands and walks towards me.

I close the door and turn on all of the lights.
Then I set my purse on the table and walk to the kitchen.

"Things can't go back to the way things were, Michael. You.... you betrayed me. You left me here alone when I could have helped you. You pushed me away and I felt helpless. Then you get arrested and got sent to jail. And you enjoyed it there. Am I really that horrible of a person for you to rather be in jail, than to be with me?"

"Hey!" He said cupping my face in his hands.

"Don't you ever think that. You are perfect. You're e innocent. And I didn't want to taint you with my plan of breaking out my brother."

I push his hands away and say:

"You are innocent too. So don't pull that card on me. You don't have one aggressive bone in your body, you did not deserve to go to jail!" I add.

"It was the only way to get my brother the hell out of there before his execution!" He yelled back.

"Hey. I get it, family above everything, I know. So let's me make this easy for you. So you won't have to choose between me or your brother. I will just leave here and I never look back."

His eyes are laced with hurt and he whispers:

"No."

Tears were filled up to the brim of his eyes and so were mine.

"I spent weeks trying to decided what the hell was wrong with me that you had to go away. I thought our every possible outcome of why you left. Your brother came up in the top five reasons. Why couldn't you trust me with that?"
Tears started to run down my cheeks.

"Because I know you would hold me back. And I didn't have time for that."

"And now twenty five years of trust down the drain."

At this point we both were crying, so I grab my phone and call Veronica.

"Hello?" She answers.

"Hey. Um, are you looking for Michael?"
I say sniffling.

"Yes. Do you know where he is? Linc was worried sick. Are-- are you crying?"

"He's over here if you want to come get him."

"Did he hurt you?"

I don't respond and she asks again:

"Y/N. Did Michael hurt you?"

"No. Not necessarily. Just please get over here."

Michael and I sat in silence with tear stained cheeks, just staring at each other. Veronica came a took Michael to the car. She came back inside and asked me if I was ok. I said I was fine and she hesitantly left. I walked upstairs to my bedroom and closed the door. I slide down the door while grabbing fistfuls of my hair. A wound that I thought was beyond healed, was just reopened..