Ms. CEO (3/?)

It's been three months that Michael and I have been dating. Things are going great, but things went downhill when my parent came to visit. They didn't meet Michael yet, they just want to see me because it's been a while since I've seen them. I love my mom to death, she is my world; my dad on the other hand, I despise. He was always a negative Nancy, saying that I wasn't strong enough to do sports. I wasn't smart enough to be in honors. That I wasn't bold enough to do martial arts. Every single thing that I pursue in, he criticizes. And today was suppose to be 'catch up day',you know. Well let's just say, it didn't go as planned.

"So, Y/N, have you gotten a boyfriend yet, or did you scare him off again?" Dad asks.

"Well, David, as a matter of fact I do. We have been dating for three months now--"

"You call me father." He interrupts.

"No. I don't. You don't give me any respect, I won't give you any respect either."

We have a stare down with neither of us breaking our gaze. Mom breaks us up by saying:

"And how is your job, baby? Are they being good to you?"

I turn, smile at Mom and say:

"Yes, I am the new big boss of the corporation. If things are to go in motion, they are to go through me first. It's nice to have that kind of power, you know."

"Of course sweetheart. I am so proud of you. You have accomplished so many things in your young age."

"Awww. Thank you Mami."

I say kissing her hand and I shoot David a glare. He just rolls his eyes; how can someone be so bitter?

"I'm surprised that she can having anything to do with business with that stutter of hers."

I mentally throw daggers at him and say:

"I grew out of that, David. I've learned to slow down and breathe when I talk. No thanks to you. "

He looked at me with stubbornness. My eyes start to tear up from both anger and hurt.

"Why do you hate me so much?"

Much to my surprise, his eyes softened. He says:

"I don't hate you, baby."

I rise from the table and say:

"No, you don't get to call me baby! You've hated me from the moment I was born! And that hatred has only escalated. What did I do to make you hate me?"

He stares at me blankly, like he doesn't know what to say. Then I kiss my mom on the head, pay for the bill and walk out. I hear her call after me but I continue to walk. A couple hours later, Michael walked into my office. I had my eyes closed and I prop my elbows up as my chin lays in the palm of my hand.

"Oooo. Someone's having a bad day."

With my eyes still closed, I say;

"Yes I am."

I finally open my eyes and add:

"Can I do something for you, Mike? At least someone thinks I can do something right."

"Who thinks you do everything wrong?"

I sigh and say:

"My father."

There was a silence and Michael walked over to me and started to massage my neck. Then he says:

"Sounds like something to be discussed over shots."

I lean into his touch and I say:

"Sure. That sounds better than hitting the gym for an hour or so."