The Wonderful Works of Ethics (Michael) [1/3]

A/N: heathwaves: Here's your request. I hope you like it. 😊
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sara, Trina and I went out for drinks, to get our minds off of the torturous job of being a prison nurse.

Granted, we chose the job and suck up any disagreements we have. There's no point in arguing with douchebags like Bellick and Abruzzi.

The job isn't so bad though, it has its perks. I get to meet genuinely nice people like Michael Scofield, aka. my boyfriend.

Michael has made friends with my brother, Sucre. I want to slap the gums out of his mouth when I saw him in Fox River. He robbed banks to get money for a ring. To marry some girl; he did it all for a girl! A girl who is now marrying our cousin, Hector.

Sucre didn't really have the best luck with relationships, but I didn't think he would do this for a woman.

Him and I were quite the opposite, but always kept each other's backs. The fact that he is in jail doesn't change that.

Sara and I have graduated college together. And we started out on this job together too.

Or in other words, I know her like the back of my hand. Just as I know my brother like the back of my hand. And they're both acting weird.

I'm going to find out why. I wait until Trina goes to get our drinks to say something.

"Hey, what's going on with you?" I ask as I lean my back on counter.

"Nothing, I'm fine." She states.

Her gaze falls on the bar table before making eye contact. Her hazel eyes dilate with guilt.

"You wanna try that again?" I ask.

She huffs as she crosses her arms.

"Come on, Sara. I mean, I know that being prison doctor isn't the best job in the world... but you used to at least enjoy it. Now you barely want to get up to go to work in the morning." I say.

"I think I'm going to quit." She states.

There was moment of silence before I say:

"What the hell are you talking about? Why would you do that?"

"Did you lose interest?" I add.

She shakes her head no.

"Did something happen that I didn't know about?" I ask.

She nods her head and leans forward so her chin rests on the crease of her elbow.

"Did an inmate harass you, threaten you or anything of that nature?" I ask.

She slowly nods before he buries her face into his arm.

"You can't talk about it either, can you?" I ask.

She shakes her head and her forehead begins to crease. Which is one of the indicators that she was about to cry.

"I'm sorry. I want to tell you so bad but he told me that I couldn't and I-"

She started to cry and I hug her from the side. She lifts her head from the table and sobbed into my arms. I rest the side of my face on her head as she cries into my chest.

Trina comes back with the drinks and her face scrunches in confusion.

"What happened? Is she okay?" She asks.

"Um.. no, she's not. I think I'm going to take her home." I say.

She nods and I say:

"I'm sorry I couldn't stay. I'll call you to check up on you later on tonight okay?"

She nods again and I help Sara stand from stool. I hand her a napkin and had her lead the way to the car. I drove her home and I made two cups of mocha lattes for us.

She sits cross cross on the couch and her cat is snuggled up next to her. She faces forward as her tears ran slowly down her cheeks.

I hand her the mocha latte before I sat down on the other side of her.

"I've been holding this in for a while now, three months almost... I guess today was the day I finally exploded." She states.

"Who's the inmate?" I ask.

"I can't tell you about them." She says.

"Them? So there's more than one?" I ask.

She nods and I say:

"Why haven't you told me? You know I can protect you from those scumbags."

"I know about you and Michael." She states.