Kiss & Run

Third POV

"I can't just tell her!" Leo argues.

"Dude! You are Leo Valdez! You can't be scared of telling a girl you like her!" Piper argues back. "Show her how brave you are, tell her! If she rejects you, then I know she'll still be your friend!"

"But --"

The door to the Aphrodite cabin opened, and in stepped (Y/N).

"Speak of the devil..." Piper muttered and Leo glared at her. What if she heard that? He thought.

"Sorry, but I was walking by and it sounded like you were having girl trouble," (Y/N) smiled.

I love her smile... Leo thought.

Your POV

You were walking by the Aphrodite cabin, and you overheard two people talking. (You heard the conversation above)

You walked in, and both stopped talking to look at you. Piper muttered something you didn't quite catch, but it had earned a glare from Leo.

"Sorry, but I was walking by and it sounded like you were having girl trouble," you smiled.

"Yes, actually, Leo is." Piper smirked. You tried not to feel disappointed.

You had a big crush on Leo, yet somehow managed to stay cool and calm around him. He was your friend, and you two got along really well.

And if he's having girl trouble...

You force the smile to stay on your face.

"I'm glad to help." Leo looks a little sad when you say that.

"Great! I'll let Leo fill you in!" Piper patted Leo on the back and tells him "Good luck!"

Why does he need good luck?

Alone, Leo and you just stand there. To your surprise, he's red. And he looks nervous. He pulls something from his tool belt and fidgets with it.

Leo Valdez, nervous?

"You don't have to be nervous, you can tell me anything," you laugh a little, forcefully. "Besides, I can give you some pointers if you tell me who it is."

He looks at the ground.

You continue, refusing to let awkward silence take over.

"You know, it's about time you get a girl. I was starting to think I'd have to pair you up with someone," you joke. It's how you cope with awkwardness and being nervous.

Before he thinks about it, he asks, "And who would you pair me up with?"

You redden.

"I-I don't know...."

Silence.

"But whoever it is, you should tell them how you feel. Like I heard Piper say, be brave. Girls like random brave acts, whether they're in battle or not." Why are you telling him this? Why are you giving your crush advice on girls.

He looks directly into your eyes. Little do you know, he's nervous and confused. You said you were ok with helping him with girl problems, and you were giving him advice. He wondered why you'd help him get with another girl. Does this mean you don't like him?

But then again, the way your smile looked forced when you said you'd help....

He puts away what he's fidgeting with.

He thinks about what you said about "random brave acts", and his impulse and nerves take over. You were totally unprepared when Leo closed the distance between you and smashed his lips into yours.

Not a moment later, WAY too short for your liking, he pulls away. His face is bright red.

"I-I-I--" he stammers before rushing out of the cabin.

You stand there, frozen in shock.

What just happened?

Leo kissed you...

You break into a sprint out of the cabin.

"Leo!" You call out. No one pays attention. To everyone else, Leo has played another prank or flirted with the wrong person and is in trouble.

You run around camp, but you can't find him. Finally, you find him in one of the many seats of the amphitheater.

His face is in his hands, and Piper is sitting next to him.

"Piper, I messed up!" He says angrily. Little do you know that he's been crushing on you for a while, and this is the only problem he doesn't know how to deal with. You're the one girl he doesn't know what to say to. He thinks he just ruined the one chance he had with you.

Piper sees you, and smiles. She quietly gets up and lets you take her place before she leaves. Leo isn't aware of the switch.

"I-I kissed her... Why? Why couldn't I just say how I feel like normal people do? I ruined my one shot...." He takes a deep breath. "Why couldn't I just tell her how much I love her smile, her laugh, her hair, her scent, just... her."

You sit silently, a tear running down your cheek. You never thought someone, especially your crush, would get so upset over you or say these things about you.

"I... love her...."

Finally you speak.

"I love you too, Leo."

He looks up in surprise, mouth gaping open. "I-- what happened to Piper?"

You laugh. "She left. And..." You bite your lip nervously. He finds that cute. "... next time, just talk to me. I won't bite."

He laughs. "Well..." You slap his arm. "Just kidding!" You laugh with him.

"You know, I think I deserve a real kiss..." You say, blushing profusely.

He smiles and happily obliges. He smashes his lips to yours once again, this time without pulling away.