Geronimo

Everyone was anticipating the event tonight. Tonight, the camp was having a karaoke night instead of just singing campfire songs. The fire and karaoke would be in the amphitheater.

You were happy about it, but you knew Leo would try to find some way to get you into singing, because he believes you have a great voice.

Sometimes his plans didn't go too well, whether they had to do with you or not. He'd do some prank, and he'd be put on dishes duty for a week. Once he bet he could jump from really high up on the climbing wall into the lava pool and be fine, since he's fire proof, but he ended up with a badly sprained ankle.

You warn him against these bad ideas, but he jumps right into them anyway.

You walk to the amphitheater with Leo, who is silent. Unusual.

"Leo? Are you ok?" You nudge him, and he jumps, coming back to reality.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm fine."

"If you're trying to find a way to get me to participate tonight, it ain't happening."

He pouts. "Aww, why not? I wanna see you sing!"

You roll your eyes and keep walking.

Time Skip

You're really starting to enjoy yourself. Someone sang 'Stronger' by Kelly Clarkson. Other songs included: Just Dance (Lady GaGa), Don't Stop the Music (Rihanna), Stop and Stare (One Republic), and Carry on My Wayward Son (Kansas)[sorry, had to add that song I'm a spn fan too].

Leo would ask you to sing, but you'd say no. He'd say you need to take a chance, to take a leap and just say geronimo. At that, you got suspicious. Isn't that a song?

Jason even sang two songs. You never knew he could sing. He sang Hey Soul Sister and Drops of Jupiter, both by Train.

But in the midst of your good time and high spirits, you noticed Leo wasn't sitting beside you anymore, yet you could here his voice.

"So, I have a friend who won't sing. No hard guessing for who that is." You start to turn red. Leo is on stage, and now, a couple campers look at you. "So I'm going to sing, and just hope she'll join me. If not, then at least I tried."

He smiled brightly before you heard one of the Apollo kids start strumming the guitar to a fast pace.

Cue song at top.

Can you feel it?
Now it's coming back
We can steal it,
If we bridge this gap.
I can see ya, through the curtains of the waterfall

You were right, he had mentioned a song. He's singing Geronimo. And he's looking at you almost the whole time.

When I lost it,
Ya you held my hand,
But I tossed it;
Didn't understand
You were waiting
As I dove into the waterfall.

When he says 'say' in the next verse, he jumps, and everyone else does a sort of jump / big head bob / fist pump; something to emphasize the beat.

So
SAY Geronimo!
SAY Geronimo! (x6)

You find yourself starting to sing along.

Can you feee-eel my love?

Your eyebrows raise at how well he hits that note and holds it. But after he sings that, you're singing quietly the "bombs away" part, but not loud enough for anyone to hear.

Can you feee-eel my love?
Bombs away! Bombs away! Bombs away!

Well we rushed it,
Moving way too fast
That we crushed it;
But it's in the past

We can make this leap
Through the curtains of the water fall!

You didn't realize the campers had noticed you getting into the song. You were pretty close to the stage, so Leo handed another mic to a camper who held it near you. The campers close to you stopped singing so the mic could hear you. {underlined is what you sing //bold is what you & Leo sing // italics is just Leo}

So
SAY Geronimo! (x7)

Can you feee-eel my love?
Bombs away, Bombs away! Bombs away!
Can you feee-eel my love?
Bombs away, bombs away! Bombs away!

Right about then is when you notice your voice is louder than usual and stop. The guitar stops and Leo reaches his hand out, gesturing for you to take it and get on stage. The lights that were set up behind him lit up his brown locks and made his smile seem brighter. After a shaky breath, you took his hand and climbed up.

"Just focus on me," he said, not into the mic, but straight to you. As the music started again, you two faced each other to sing. You stood close, and when you're singing, you both hold your microphones up next to each other's.

(Leo)
Well I'm just a boy
With a broken toy
All lost and coy

(You)
At the curtains of the waterfall...

So it's here I stand
As a broken man,
But I've found my friend

At the curtains of the waterfall

(You&Leo)
Now I'm falling down
Through the crashing sound
And you've come around

At the curtains of the waterfall

Your voices blended well, even as the lyrics got louder.

And you rush to me,
And it sets us free
So I fall to my knees!

(Crowd:) at the curtains of the waterfall.

(All:)
So
SAY Geronimo! (x7)

As the campers continued to sing "say Geronimo" you and Leo sang the other part.

Can you feee-eel my love?
Bombs away, bombs away! Bombs away!

(Crowd is now saying 'Make this Leap')

Can you feee-eel my love?

Make this Leap!

Leo lowered his mic and nodded at you to sing the last line.

Can you feeee-eeel my love?

Leo's eyes widened . You had hit the note, and held it out till the end.

The campers cheered, and even then you were still looking at Leo, who you were still standing close to. His eyes shined in the light, gazing straight into yours. He cupped your cheek with the hand not holding a microphone, and brought his lips softly to yours. The campers got louder.

He pulled away. He didn't get any farther than a couple inches away from your face. "See? I knew you could do it."

You beamed bright red at him. Then you leaped into a hug, wrapping your arms around his neck.

That was the last song of the night, and the campers even let you and Leo body surf; though Clarisse tried to drop Leo. You were pretty sure you hadn't done that good, but you were enjoying the moment.

And Leo held your hand the rest of the night.