Everyone Leaves in the End(2)

You help whenever you can, yet most of camp can still barely remember your name, if they know it at all. The one person who seemed to really care now didn't seem to care at all anymore.

So you sit in your dark corner of the cabin, listening to Broken by Lifehouse. You figured you'd listned to Lulluby by Nickleback enough times.

The broken locks were a warning
You got inside my head

I tried my best to be guarded
I'm an open book instead.

And I still see your reflection
Inside of my eyes.

That are looking for purpose,
They're still looking for life.

As you listen, you think about Leo. That's how you'd felt when you met him. When your life was shades of gray, of you being unimportant to everyone, Leo didn't come in with a big light. He came in with a burst of light and colors. Your life wasn't gray when he was around. He was your anchor.

Now where was he?

You glanced down at the dagger at your side.

All those times you'd gotten closer to him. When you started to get your hopes up, that maybe you could have love and happiness. And then just one time meeting another girl, he moved on. She became his number one.

Just like that, you were kicked to the side. Slowly, you start getting lost in the song, and no longer pay any attention to your surroundings. It's easy for you to get lost in a song you can relate to. It distracts you from the dagger you clutch.

I'm falling apart

I'm barely breathing

With a broken heart

That's still beating.

In the pain,

Is there healing?

In your name, I found meaning.

So I'm holding on.

I'm holding on.

I'm barely holding on to you.

You turn the music up louder, since everyone should be at the dining pavilion anyway.

I'm hanging on,

Another day

Just to see what

You throw my way.

And I'm hanging on

To the words you say

You said that I will

Be ok.

You stop the music. He'd told you you'd be ok. He said it when he met you. He said it before he left on his quest. He said it before he died and came back.

"But I'm not ok." You cover your mouth with one hand and squeeze your eyes shut to prevent yourself from crying. The other hand is in a fist around the hilt of your dagger.

Only a moment later, you feel rough fingers brush lightly over the hand that holds the dagger like a lifeline.

"I'm so sorry, mi flor preciosa," Leo's voice cracks as his other arm wraps around you tightly. He's sitting next to you, beside your dagger. "Please, let go of the dagger."

Hearing how sad he sounds, you choke back tears, even though some have already escaped.

Your hand moves it's tight grip to Leo's hand. You squeeze it hard, still holding back sobs. You missed this.