Chapter Nine

Jimin

I heard her heart rate speed up.

"Hurry up! They're tearing through the front lines!" The original voice yelled.

"Jimin, I told you to hide..." She squeaked. I heard her tears fall.
Then a memory hit me.

--

"When she's afraid and crying is her most dangerous state, that's when she's emotional. Eon Jeong's magic is powered by her emotions. The more angry she is, the more she's able to come out her shell, she'll kill if need be. When she's afraid. Even Yeong Mi, her best friend had to hide." Jungkook sighed looking at the picture of his sister. "She's almost not even herself anymore. Whereas when she's angry she'll only kill if she has to, if in this state she will kill whoever is seen as a threat to her. Even if she doesn't have to kill them. We figured this out a few months when she had her outburst. A robber came into the house when her and Yeong Mi were watching a film. She had just got treatment from Kwangsoo, he said she couldn't finish it, so she would have her powers fluctuaing, an outburst of sorts."

"What happened?" Jin asked.

"She killed him without flinching. She nearly went to kill Yeong Mi." Jungkook sighed. "This is why I won't let her replace Lia. She's too dangerous, the Jeon line of witches have always been the most powerful."

--

"D-Don't come near me!" She cried out. "H-Help!"

I felt so useless lying on the floor, unable to move.

I saw feet in front of me and smelt the fresh wood of a stake.

"N-No don't kill him! Just... Just take me!" She sobbed.

"No hands should touch you except ours." He growled. "He must pay."

The room went deadly silent, her cries stopped.

"Why aren't you grabbing her?" The original voice asked stepping into the room. "Hurry it up." With that he left.

I rolled onto my front seeing the man towering above me.

The silence was broken, broken by a laugh.

The stake was millimetres above my chest and I flinched, waiting for death.

When it didn't come I opened my eyes and saw Eon Jeon forehead to forehead with the man double her height.

"No hands must touch me. Especially not yours." She spoke calmly. "I killed your boys in one second flat. What makes you think you're any different."

"Jeon, you need to calm down..." He stuttered and she took the stake out of his hands and threw it.

"Calm down? I need to calm down?" A harsh laugh parted from her lips. "I think you need to quieten down, unless you can kill me first."

"A challenge?" He asked her.

"Sure, if I win, you die and Jimin is saved." She smiled. "If I die... What am I saying? I'm always the winner. Even if I make the first move." He stepped back his eyes wide.

"Dark magic, pure magic." He held his hands out and a stream of light came towards her. She held her hands out and the white beam balled up in her hands and she smirked.

"Is that all you can do?" She paused. "Attack Magic, double strength." With that the ball grew in her hands and she fired it at the man. When the room had turned back to the darkness, there was no man to be seen and Eon Jeong stood there. Her scared expression creeping back on to her face.

"Jimin..." She cried out and dropped to her knees beside me.

"Help me up, we can go find the boys..." I whispered. She nodded and helped me stand up.

She half carried half dragged me to where the sounds of fighting came from

"You're all useless, I'll have to fight you myself." The original voice sounded. When we turned the corner, which had been a matter of seconds since someone last spoke, all six boys were on the floor, bleeding heavily.

"You're the final one that's stopping me from getting to the Jeon witch." The voice snarled. "I'll kill these six then you, then I will take the witch for myself."

The man turned to the boys lying defenceless on the floor.

"If I don't make it, tell Jungkook thank you." She whispered tears streaming down her face again. I looked at her confused until I felt her support drop from me and she sprinted, dropping my jacket, infront of the boys spreading her arms out.

"Witch, move out the way." The man snarled.

"You won't hurt them anymore." She spoke, her voice waving. "I won't let-" She got cut off by the man flinging her to the side. She cried out in pain as her back hit the table side and she sunk to the floor.

Limp.

"Eon Jeong!" Jungkook cried out.