1

This is it. This has got to be the perfect turn out for today. Walking here on the path that circles around the best park in town along with the greatest guy in the world on such a perfect day like this. The wind is gently blowing, making the grass dance around us as we walk hand in hand along the trail. The afternoon sun is shining so bright, it's like we have the spot light on us. There aren't many people around to bother us either. It feels like a scene out of a movie.

Just as we walked past the swings, he stopped.

"Sano?" I asked. I do love enjoying a nice day at the park, but I hope he's not considering getting on the swings. This skirt is not the best for swinging.

As I got more anxious, I noticed a smile growing on his face. Believe it or not, that made me slightly more anxious. Sano doesn't always smile. Is he really considering the swings?

"Misa," he started, "we've been hanging out for a while now, and I called you out today to ask if we can make this official. I really would like for you to be my girlfriend." His words were as serious as his gaze was on me. I was speechless. Did he really ask to be official? With me?

"Yes, Sano, I would love to be your girlfriend!" I didn't hesitate to answer. I waited so long to say those words; years in fact. I couldn't hide my happiness as I was smiling ear to ear. This is the happiest day of my life!

"You've made me the happiest guy in the world." The sun was hitting his wonderful hazel eyes perfectly as his warm smile shined just as bright. It couldn't get any better than this.

"Oh, Sano, just kiss me already." I wanted to seal this moment to know it was real. I didn't want this movie to end.

I leaned in as he did the same with his eyes clothes and lips puckered. But I stopped short of his face as I noticed it began to change.

"Misa!"

I backed away from him as I watched his face turned into a girl's face.

"Misa!" He called me again. His voice pitch was higher.

"Sano? What's happening to your face?" I asked. I reached out to touch it, but my hand didn't make contact in time before it disappeared.

Suddenly, the perfect bright and sunny day in the park became gloomy. The world around me was getting darker and Sano was completely gone.

"Misa! Will you wake up?" The voice made me jolt in my seat. When I lifted my head from my desk, I saw my best friend staring at me.

"W-what? Katie?" I was still half asleep.

"What are you doing dreaming? Class is over," she said, pointing to the clock on the wall that showed 3:10pm. I slept straight through the bell and ten minutes after.

"I was asleep? I was sure I was just talking with Sano." Still a bit dazed, I was looking around for him.

"What are you talking about? He's already at track practice."

"Really? It felt so real this time." The disappointment that filled me was nothing new. That's the third time I had a dream like that in past week.

"You're so delusional. Come on let's go." Katie just shook her head and turned toward the door. I gathered my things in sadness and walked out the classroom behind her.

What does it take to get the guy of literally your dreams? Is it because of my looks? I'm not particularly short; around five foot seven on a good day, I have long curly light brown hair, and brown eyes. And I think I can dress pretty well, if you ask me. That is, if you consider your wardrobe that consist mostly of skinny jeans and fitted T-shirts along with the occasional skirt for special occasions dressing pretty well.