4

Day three passed. Then day five, eight, ten, and now we're somewhere around day eighteen or twenty. I lost count when I came to the conclusion that he isn't going anywhere. It's like we rented out the room to someone who's simply living here while it's convenient.

He did go back to his house a couple times, but came back here again. My mom only said that it's better to take things slowly. But like this, nothing is really even happening. On top of that, her vacation time was up last week, and it has become even more awkward now that she's not around. Image the rumors if it got out that two teenagers were living alone. What happened to parents believing in no dating before marriage? She's actually having me, at sixteen, try to date to marry.

Ken's still trying to get too close me, but I tell him to leave. So far, I don't see anything in the love field here. But the biggest thing I've gotten to know about him is that he may seem like a nice guy, but on the inside, his true nature is a huge pervert!

Walking into school today is reminding me that now is not the time for Ken drama, but a real life crisis. Midterms are coming up way too fast, and I'm freaking out. I wouldn't call myself an A+ student. I wouldn't even call myself a B student. I'm somewhere on the borderline of Acceptable.

"Katie! I need your help! Please, this is a huge crisis!" I ran to my best friend when I saw her at her locker.

"Whoa, what's wrong Misa? What's happening?"

"These tests are what's happening. If I don't pass them, I won't pass the class, and I'll have to retake it!" I explain to her.

"Oh, is that it? Calm down, it's just a test." She said, lessoning her concern.

"It's not just a regular test. And I'm horrible when it comes to test taking. Last time I left almost the whole thing blank. Something like that cannot happen again."

"Something like that happened because you fell asleep when you got your test paper." She reminded me.

"I couldn't help it. I was up late trying to study and then I had a terrible migraine trying to figure out all the questions."

"Why don't you just study more so you won't have to think about it so much with last minute cram sessions?" She asked.

"It's not like I don't study, I do. But when I go to study, I somehow end up doing something else." The face Katie is giving me is telling me I didn't exactly help my case.

"Well that's your problem, Misa, you're just distracted too easily. You need to stay focused and not get off topic so fast."

"That's easier said than done." 

"Okay, well why don't I just come over today then. I'll help you study and stick to studying this time."

"That sounds great, but I can't today."

"Why not?"

"Well, see there's this show that I like and the new episode comes out today, and I can't take the chance of missing what happens after the girl woke up from the c—"

"Misa!" She snapped at me, "That there is your problem. TV can wait. If you're really serious about trying to pass midterms, that I should remind you is in a few days, then you need to stop messing around like, yesterday, and get to it!"

Katie was right. If I don't get it together, then who knows where I'll end up. In our second semester of junior year, I was still not taking my studies serious enough. Next year we'll be seniors and I have to shape up now. Katie is the smartest person I know. Having her help me study will help me a lot.

We went straight to my house after school, sat in kitchen, and got to it. She wasn't going to let me out of this one. And after last semester's scare of almost repeating biology, I didn't want her too.