8

And just like that, the days moved on. The kids are loving me more and more. I haven't set fire to Sano's house yet, and getting this past Ken wasn't as hard as I thought. He hasn't asked me what I've been doing or why I was coming in late. Has he actually began losing interest? This morning he didn't come to wake me up for school like he always does. I wonder, did he actually find me out?

Would it really matter if he did? It's not like I agreed to him being here, so I'm not really doing anything wrong. But why do I feel a bit guilty all of a sudden?

"Hey, Misa, you do realize that school has been out for over ten minutes now." My thought was broken when I heard Katie speaking.

"What, what's going on?" I said in confusion.

"Class was over forever ago. I didn't get you because I thought you had another detention or something. But then I realized there was no detention today, so I came back to see if you were still here. Why are you still here?"

"I must have been daydreaming again."

"You're doing a lot more of that these days. Is something going on?"

"No, I was just thinking about something that happened earlier."

"What happened earlier?" She asked.

"Oh, not much. Just something I may be overthinking."

"If it's about Sano again, then you probably should just let it go. You've been acting strange in first period with him. You haven't even talked with him yet, so don't stress yourself about him," she said. I hesitated for a minute. I've been acting strange because I want to talk to him in class, but with Ken here, doing that would cause trouble.

"What if I have talked to him?" That made her eyebrow raise in suspicion.

"You actually talked to him earlier? What did he say?"

"I think we should get going, shouldn't we? You said it yourself, schools been over, we should probably go." I completely avoided her question and walked away after saying that. She called after me a few times, but I kept going. I don't want to keep this from her, but I don't want to tell her and take the chance of jinxing something just yet.

I still haven't really redeemed myself to Sano, so I still need to show him my good side. I don't want to be known as the girl who always screws up. I have to show him it's more to me than that. But I'm not sure how.

"You were always a klutz, but you try your best."

Sano's words echo in my head. Some of the first words he said to me was that. I cannot let it stay that way.

I felt my pocket vibrating. I looked and saw it was the man of the hour calling.

"Hello?" I asked answering the phone. This is the first time he's actually called me.

"Hey Misa, were you still planning to come over today?" He asked.

"Yeah, I was actually on my way now." Even though, looking at the time, he should still be in practice.

"Okay, well, something suddenly came up and I was going to be late getting home." He started. The line was quiet for a minute before he spoke again.

"I know this is something I should not be asking you, so feel free to say no. Its perfectly understandable if you do, but do you think you can watch the kids for a little while for me? I would've just asked my aunt, but I know they took a real liking to you."