18

"And here we are! A meal fit for a king, prince, and princess," Jayson announced as he and I went to the dining room. Ken had still been sitting there on his phone when he saw us coming out with our plates on trays.

"It looks and smells good, Jay. I almost got concerned for a second when I thought I smelled something burning a little bit ago," Ken said.

"Oh that, there was just a small miscommunication of directions," Jayson answered, but I really thought he said turn up the fire, not turn off the fire.

"Here you go, Kenny-kens. And, Misaky, you sit right here." He went around the table pulling out the seat across from Ken. "And I'll take my plate to my room."

"You're not eating with us?" Ken asked.

"Would've been nice to, but Misaky told me about the situation going on with you two, and I want you both to take this time to talk about it. I'd even bring my lovely little Sano in too if I could. I just hate seeing such cute faces looking so sad and distressed. So if you need me, just give me a page." Jayson took his stuff and left the room, leaving just me and Ken there alone to talk.

The dining room, surprisingly, wasn't as big as I thought. We sat at this glass wood table I was almost afraid to touch in fear of braking it. A large marble glass vase sat in the middle with flowers. I noticed the clock on the far end of the wall was shaped like an almost clear snowflake. I could actually hear the seconds ticking away as the room stayed quiet. Neither of us has said a word since Jayson walked out. I didn't know what to say anymore. Just a little while ago, I wanted to yell at him. Now, sitting here, watching him calmly eat as if there isn't anything to talk about, nothing I wanted to say is registering.

"Once again, Jay outdid himself. This is delicious," Ken said taking another bite.

"Actually, I made that one," I said. I was able to tell since mine came out a bit darker and a little thinner than Jayson's did.

"You mean you made this? Seriously?"

"Gee thanks for the compliment." I sarcastically replied.

"I didn't mean it like that. It's just that it's good enough to be considered Jay's work. And knowing your past w——"

"You mean the past you dug up through hidden spies while still keeping your profile low?" I cut him off.

He sighed. "Misa..."

"Oh, or is it that you actually thought you got to know all about me in the little time we've been together?"

"It doesn't take a million times to understand that a person isn't good at cooking after they've stated it and you've seen them try more than once. I was just taken by surprise when you said you made it. I'm sorry if that offended you," Ken said taking a sip of his drink. His tone was steady. He wasn't angry, but I was taken aback.

"Well, he did take me through it step by step, so it was much easier to make," I said. it was the only thing I could say in response.

"He's a great teacher. You can learn a lot from him."

"Could he teach me about why guys are liars and so secretive?" I asked.

"Actually yes" was his response. But it wasn't exactly the answer I was looking for.

"I guess that wasn't the answer you wanted to hear," he said reading my mind. He wiped his hands with his napkin and made a big sigh. "Look, it's not that I didn't want to tell you, it's just that I couldn't."

"What do you mean you couldn't tell me?" I asked. His expression kept changing. Like he really doesn't want to talk about it.

"Well, Sano and I, we were close growing up. But then something had happened between us that made our bond break. He must have been taking that harder than I thought since he hasn't contacted me or even breathes in my direction at school."