7

How I imagined finally going to hang out with Sano was that when I arrived, I would give the little ones the cookies, they're excited about the kind gift and tell Sano I'm the best, and then they would go on about their day. Then the rest of the time could be me, Sano, and the moments I've been waiting for.

But I was sorely mistaken by that. I'm not even here twenty minutes, and I'm completely overtaken by them.

"Misa, let's play this!" One of them shouted holding up a board game.

"No, no, play tag with me!"

"I want to play too!"

I was surrounded.

"Misa, do you have more cookies?"

"Yeah, yeah, they were great!" I think Ken might've put extra sugar in them. They're so hyper. How does Sano put up with this? There's only three of them, but they have the energy of ten.

"Hey you guys, give Misa some space." Sano came into the play room and saves the day. "She's only one person so she can't do all the different things you want her to do. How about you guys go play outside for a little while? Then I'll play with you guys after I make dinner." Sano suggested.

"Okay!" They all scurried out the room and into the backyard. I don't know what spell he used to get them to listen so well, but I need to learn it!

"Sorry about that. They get a little excited when they meet new people, plus they don't handle a lot of sugar well. And I guess they really loved your nice offering," he said, looking at the empty bag I had that once held at least ten cookies.

"Sorry, I didn't know they weren't supposed to have them," I said.

"It's alright. I've never seen them so energized. They must've taken a real liking to you."

Winning over the kids, check!

"It was fun. And um, did you say you were about to make dinner? I can help you if you'd like." Now's my chance to spend some real time with him.

"Sure, can you make hamburger?" He asked.

"Of course. That's an easy one." Telling him I can't cook isn't the best move right now.

"Okay good. I thought you didn't enjoy cooking. I heard you say once that you'd never want to cook anymore after that incident you had in the cooking lab."

I gasped slightly. "Y-you know about that?"

"I was coming from the bathroom when I heard the explosions happening, I got curious and went to see what was happening, and I saw you out in the hallway on the floor, trying to put out your apron that caught fire."

I can't believe he saw the most embarrassing thing I could've done at school. The fire alarms went off, everyone was evacuated, the fire department and police showed up, and there I was the cause of the commotion with half my shirt burnt and wet from someone throwing water on me.

"That was like two years ago, and a really bad mistake, that shouldn't happen here." I told him. No wonder he thinks I'm a klutz. He didn't just hear about that terrible day, he saw it happen.

"Can you handle seasoning and shaping the meat? I'll cut up some potatoes and make some fries," he said as we entered the kitchen.

"Yeah, no problem." But what do I use is the question. I don't watch cooking shows or watch everything my mom makes. What kind of these seasonings does he mean? Salt? Sugar?